Tusa IQ - 800

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

schu1842

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had any experience with the Tusa IQ - 800? I'm thinking about purchasing one. Thanks for your thoughts.

Yep, I've got one. I like it a lot, especially the huge numbers and vibrating alarms...after hearing peoples computers beep for whatever reason the whole dive, I decided never to use audible alarms, for the sake of others around me.

It's a very slim computer, most likely the thinnest you can get, and it's all screen. The nitrox settings are easy to adjust, and the log is easy to use.

If you have more questions feel free to ask.

They are real cool... big numbers, the vibrating thing is cool... We sell a lot of them, and the folks that get them seem to really like them. They do have a very conservative algorithm which may be a plus or a minus depending on your point of view.

I got mine from Larry, and he beat everyone else's price by a very large amount.....I strongly advise buying from him, no matter what you get.

I have one and love it very much. Slim and smart looking. Friendly user function. large screena and all dive information are easy to read. Also price is reasonable. If you still need a new one, contact me, able to found one for you in my country with no VAT....
Thanks! Billy

I Love it! It's easy to use, has a large display, low profile, and buzzes you so there's no confusion on who's computer is alarming. Only thing thing that I find a bit tedious is if you're diving 2 Nitox tanks, you have to reset the O2 percentage every time you dive. I forgot to do this on a few dives. I also wish this computer had a gauge mode. If you wish to log your dives on your computer the PC Log book program and PC interface kit is availible, it's abit expensive. The program leaves alot to be desired though.

Mike_s: I hope not, the IQ-700 certainly had / has some issues. Though from the feature list and design standpoint, there seem to be a number of similarities.

_edit_: I just browsed through the IQ800 user manual. It certainly seems like it has the same feature set of the 700 + the vibrating alert, just in a different package (low and sleek instead of puck like).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom