Which Nitrox wrist dive computer to buy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

darder

New
Reaction score
I've read a lot of your comments and I am leaning towards the Aladin Ultra or Pro Nitrox. I currently own an Aladin Pro and have enjoyed about 40 dives with it but I'm moving onto Nitrox.

Anyone who has the Ultra, does the shield work or would you recommend the Pro Nitrox? Is the Ultra as easy to read as the Pro Nitrox? Any suggestions where to find a good deal? The best I've found is $387.00 (same site as below).

I'm also considering the Oceanic Versa Pro. I've found it at
http://www.scubamarket.com/ for $301.

The new Mares M looks like it might work too, but I haven't found out if it has audible alarms? Best price $339.

I'm new here and really enjoyed the insights.

Thanks

:) :) :)

..but that's me..

for over 50 Recreational dives now and really like it.

The protective cover works fine and the backlight feature is easily activated even with thick gloves.

For price comparison, check out some of the online shops in the UK...when I bought mine the US$ was pretty strong against the British Sterling Pound...

Got mine for less than $300, but had to change the setting from Metric to Imperial using the Memo mouse.

Hope this helps...

C_C

15 years ago I had a Dacor computer, then someone gave me an EDGE which I used for nearly a thousand dives. Four or five years ago I bought a Nitrox Pro Uwatec and have 2 or 3 hundred dives on it. I LOVE it!! I have a new Smart Com that I haven't dived yet but I am a Uwatec believer. I do Nitrox and deep and have never been disappointed in the computer.

Originally posted by O-ring
..but that's me..

vyper is fine for no-decompression diving but I won't deco on mine again. It gives you all your stops in one shallow stop. Made me very uncomfortable.

Tom

vyper is fine for no-decompression diving but I won't deco on mine again. It gives you all your stops in one shallow stop.

Tom,

I agree completely and would definitely not use it in computer mode for deco diving...just gauge mode. It is not capable of handling that complex a profile (deep stops, etc).

I figured it was worth throwing out there because it is relatively inexpensive and since darder mentions he is just moving into Nitrox I assumed he was doing no decompression diving...

--Eric

Have you checked out the Oceanic Data Plus or Data Plus 2?

Originally posted by O-ring

Tom,

I agree completely and would definitely not use it in computer mode for deco diving...just gauge mode. It is not capable of handling that complex a profile (deep stops, etc).

I figured it was worth throwing out there because it is relatively inexpensive and since darder mentions he is just moving into Nitrox I assumed he was doing no decompression diving...

--Eric

Mine's in permanent guage mode after that one experience. I was very surprized as they talk up their algorythm to be the latest and greatest. On a 170' 20 m dive it gave me a first stop at like 14 feet! eeeck! I'll be starting my stops much earlier thank you :)

It is a nice gauge though and I love the logbook/PC interface.

Tom

Originally posted by WreckWriter

Mine's in permanent guage mode after that one experience. I was very surprized as they talk up their algorythm to be the latest and greatest. On a 170' 20 m dive it gave me a first stop at like 14 feet! eeeck! I'll be starting my stops much earlier thank you :)

It is a nice gauge though and I love the logbook/PC interface.

Tom

Tom

Do the Stinger/Mosquito/Cobra/Vytec all use the algorythm as the Vyper, where the first stop of a decompression dive is at 14 feet?

I'm in the market for a new dive computer also.

the zer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom