Oceanic DataMax Sport help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrothead600

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I made dive with the DataMax Sport computer that I recently purchased. It looks as if it is fairly simple to use. I have one question(for now).
We did a dive for approx 25 minutes, went to the surface for aprox 2 minutes, the decended and stayed at depth for another 30 minutes. After looking at the dive log mode, the computer logged 1 dive for 1:03.
How long do you need to remain at the surface before the computer starts another dive in the log? The manual that I downloaded does not give me this info.

parrothead600:
I made dive with the DataMax Sport computer that I recently purchased. It looks as if it is fairly simple to use. I have one question(for now).
We did a dive for approx 25 minutes, went to the surface for aprox 2 minutes, the decended and stayed at depth for another 30 minutes. After looking at the dive log mode, the computer logged 1 dive for 1:03.
How long do you need to remain at the surface before the computer starts another dive in the log? The manual that I downloaded does not give me this info.

Parrothead600,

My wife and I have both used these computers since '93 and really like them for their easy of use (Green/Yellow/Red tissue loading indicator). The no-decompression algorithm is on the "liberal" side compared to some but we just go by the mantra of "keep it in the green".

On page 55 of my owner's manual under "Dive Counter" it states:

"Cycles to next dive at 5 foot depth after 10 minute surface interval"

so if you surface for less than 10 minutes and then return to a depth of 5 feet or greater it counts it as a single dive.

Rickg

Thanks, After you pointed it out, I went back to the manual & found it in the small print.

parrothead600:
Thanks, After you pointed it out, I went back to the manual & found it in the small print.

Good luck with your computer. Hopefully you bought one of the upgraded ones that has the user replaceable batteries.

We have had great luck with ours. Not what someone would use for tech diving but just right for our needs.

The there are 2 things that I don't like about it. They are:
- there is no backlighting so they are somewhat difficult (not impossible) to read when night diving
- you have to manually press the button to start the computer prior to submerging it

Other than that I think they are great.

Rickg

Yes, Mine does have the user replacable batteries. Right from the start, I noticed the same things that you pointed out. But I think it will be a simple computer to use for recreational diving. And seeing as how we are just starting out; I like simple

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom