Suunto spare parts online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaDawg2

Reaction score
Anyone out there have experience finding things like the Battery Kit, scratch guard or replacement wrist straps for the Suunto Vytek, Vyper or Mosquito???

I have looked at DiveInn and SimplyScuba and not really found anything.

Thanks in advance.

--Dawg

I don't know about the battery kit, but it probably takes a standard lithium battery. As for the other two, 3M packing tape and some 1/8" bungee took care of that.

-will

I dont think its a standard lithium battery. As for the 3m tape, not my idea of a $2 replacement part. :(

I'm fairly certain it's a common lithium battery. I'd be somewhat surprised if it wasn't the ubiquitous 2302 cell. The 3M tape serves better than the plastic shield in my opinion. The plastic was bothersome and hard to read through, whereas the tape is completely invisible. I'd rather have a useable gauge that got some scratches rather than an instrument that was indestructible and hardly readable though.

Hmm, the battery appears to be a "K5597" which doesn't really return any results in Google. Don't know where to steer you to for that.

[Edit] Looked further in the manual, it's a CR2450 3v Lithium cell.

-will

ScubaDawg once bubbled...
Anyone out there have experience finding things like the Battery Kit, scratch guard or replacement wrist straps for the Suunto Vytek, Vyper or Mosquito???

I have looked at DiveInn and SimplyScuba and not really found anything.

Thanks in advance.

--Dawg

I've seen the plastic scratch protectors on Diveinn, for the cobra at least , for something like $1.50....Think its in "Loose Instruments” drop down menu.

Batteries ....... I just saw on Leisure Pro for the Cobra / Vyper for $4.99

Thanks to all that have replied. :)

I got an email back from SimplyScuba explaining that the battery kit is a warranty item and they would not sell that to me because it would void the warranty.

They have the scratch sheild for 4pounds and 12pounds for the replacement strap.

--dawg

The voiding of warranty bit .... Is that correct ? Isn't "user replaceable" battery one of the things which suunto advertises.

If that is true then why should selling and having the user change the battery void the warranty. I would be quite upset because that was one of the features which I fancied when buying the mosquito, i.e. not having to send it back to have the battery replaced.

BTW. Has anyone had to change their mosquito's battery yet ? Just curious how long it lasts. Manual says about a year to year and half depending on number of dives. I spoke to a DM who has a couple of hundred dives on it and still hasn't had to replace the battery yet.

I sold a guy a Cobra last year, then all of a sudden it stopped downloading to his desktop. Turned out to be nothing but a low battery.
The "low battery" indicator hadn't gone off yet though.
Don't know if this was an isolated case or something that is "normal", but it's handy to keep in mind if you use a download kit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom