Suunto Dive Manager

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cfelliot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’ve steered clear of Suunto Dive Manager Software 2.x from advice in other posts. I am using 1.6.

I sat down tonight to enter my older logs and add the last 15 dive since I got the Vyper.

I love the Vyper, but this software is a POS! I get lockups when I do the simplest things.

Suunto should be ashamed!

So umm...

You'r complaining because you are using an OLD version of someone's software that they have spent time and money trying to improve over time.

OK.

I am using a brand NEW version of SUUNTO's SDM and I like mine just fine.

Good luck.

I am using the new version and I haven't had any problems with the software locking up. I have a fast computer with plenty of RAM. I also have the Vyper.

I like the SDM very much, lots of good data and places to customize the log.

I haven't liked a single version of SDM. It is awful software.

I just tried a 1.x import into 2.3. Half of my site names didn't come across! I don't have a warm feeling about 2.3.

I'm going back to my MS Access database and get the Vyper data from the 1.6 export.

ReefGuy:

No, Cochran's software is awful. Suunto's merely could be better.

ReefGuy:

What is it that you don't like? Personally, I found it to be one of the easiest softwares I have ever come across. If I could change something it would be to be able to have defaults for the cylinder working and starting pressures as well as the PP02.

I like the dive profile view and the tissue saturation graphs.

The Profile view and Saturation graphs are very nice.

What I don't like:

Most of the important information regarding a dive are under the "Dive details" tab, except for length of dive and average depth, which are under DC Settings.

When upgrading from 1.6, the dives went from being listed in American format (mm/dd/yyyy) to european (dd/mm/yyyy). For me, at least, that's very confusing.

When printing, a date prints across the top of the page. Not the date of the dive, which would be nice, but the date printed, which I could not care less about.

When printing, dives are printed out of order, so when printing several dives, they have to be manually ordered.

When viewing dives by location, boats, dive buddies, etc, I cannot select a dive and see the profile (minor issue).

When selecting a dive, tissue saturation displayed is for the beginning of the dive, I'd rather end of dive be displayed (another minor issue).

FWIW, you can set default cylinder working pressure, just click on the dive log name (first item on the list, above all dives).

scubamickey:
What is it that you don't like?
I like the dive profile view and the tissue saturation graphs.

I've used all the versions that have been out since I bought my D9. This one seems to be the best. To see your tissue saturation at the end of the dive click the profile at the end of the dive, it will show it to you. My SDM 2.3 shows the the date in MM/DD/YYYY, so there must be an option somewhere. I hope this helps. OOOOO My new drysuit just got delivered.... gotta go!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom