Aeris 300G software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcostanza

Reaction score
# of dives
Good afternoon,
I recently purchased an Aeris 300G (influenced by my younger brother who has had one for over a year and nothing but good things to say about it) and would like to know if anyone here knows of an upgraded software package for the downloader. All my systems are running XP and from what I have read the download software runs on Win 95/98.

I sent an email to Aeris and as of today, have not received a reply.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

I did get a reply and it was a no. Only win95 and its descendants (98 & Me). No WinNT & such (2000, XP) :upset:

Lemonade,
I got the same reply on Friday evening. What was interesting is I just wrapped up about 10 dives this weekend and my buddy had an Aeris 750 (darn thing makes a lot of noise and he constantly was complaining about loosing his signal but that's another issue) and I brought up the issue about more sophisticated software for aeris computers. He indicated that there was a "patch" floating around that he got which works with XP.??? I asked where he found it and he couldn't remember (of course) and he indicated that it wasn't by way of Aeris.

I find it ironic that for a company that is tauted as one of the leaders in the industry that they are running on archaic software.??

I'll post here if I'm able to track something down.

Best Regards
Don Costanza

I have an Aeris 300G also. I read about the patch on Aeris' site and emailed them and they said that it is only for the 750. And they said that it only puts the dives in order from 1,2,3 instead og 3,1,2. Hope this helps.
Joey:eek:

I have 750GT. Can't complain about loosing the signal, but unavailability of the software IS frustrating… :upset:

Lemonade,
"...but unavailability of the software IS frustrating..."
Ditto!

The guy I was diving with had more "toys" than experience, smoked like a chimney, his buddy skills left a lot to be desired and was like a yo-yo with his buoyancy. I kept waiting for him to keel over with an embellism. It ended up being more of a babysitting dive than an actual dive. Everytime I heard the alarms I thought they were mine going off, when in fact they were my "buddies" 750. The first few times it caused some frustration as I thought my computer was dying on me. I asked him what all the noise was and he said he kept loosing his signal and that he needed to probably switch the receiver to the other side of his first stage for better "line of sight". It seemed to make sense, but he never got around to doing it. Overall it looked like a nice piece of equipment.

I just chalked it up and yet another educational dive weekend...

Best Regards
Don Costanza

I found that XP doesn't allow the Aeris 300g software driver to directly access the parallel ports anymore like in Windows 95. This is done for security reasons in XP but unfortunatley breaks previous Windows 95 software. This can be a major problem so luckily I found a workaround called "directIO" from "www.direct-io.com" ($29) that allows the program to bypass this security. There is a free trial version and of course there is freeware ($0) that can do the same thing that can be found on the internet, here is the link where I found the previous patch - "http://www.lvr.com/parport.htm". I had tried getting Aeris to give me a solution but unfortunately there only solution was to upgrade to a newer Aeris model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom