Vytec transmitter battery life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slingshot

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've put in perhaps 40-50 dives with my Suunto Vytec over the past 2 years. The gauge itself still gives me four bars of battery "strength". How much battery life can I expect from the transmitter?

Just change the battery every 2 to 3 years...I have seen that battery go 3 years easy most all the time......All of our instructors use hose less computers and no horror stories about losing transmission....
Change it if you are in doubt. It is an easy change and your local dive shop should be able to do it no problem. if they can't send it to aqualung....just make sure you send in the reciept if you send in to aqualung....they won't service any product without a receipt. Hal

From experience it gives out a warning when it is low on battery and will usually still last about 4 or 5 dives more at rec depths for about 45 minutes. But once you see the low bat warning, at the most just go just for one more dive then change the bat.

Any word on turnaround time from Aqualung? I bought the computer via Divetank, so I will probably ask them to do the battery swap... I'm tempted to swap it out myself but that little dab of factory red paint on the screw makes me worried about getting in over my head.

Axua: I don't remember the manual saying how it gives out a warning when the transmitter battery is low. What signal did you get?

Thanks!

slingshot:
Axua: I don't remember the manual saying how it gives out a warning when the transmitter battery is low. What signal did you get?

Thanks!

slingshot - im sorry what I meant was the battery of the wrist unit not the transmitter.. sorry for the confusion..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom