VT Pro vs VT3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

abjonesiii

Registered
Reaction score
Leisure Pro has recently dropped the price on the VT Pro to $549, GREAT I’ll take one! Oh crap wait a minute… Now there is a VT3 for $900… So now which one do I buy? The only real advance I can see from the pro to the 3 is the buddy check and ability to switch mixes mid dive. I do plan on moving more to the tech realm in the future but that’s a few years out. Soooo is that feature really worth $350 bones. Anybody care to weigh in on this? :confused:

Well that is really it... is it worth it? I am gettign a new VT3 soon because of an upgrade from a Pro Plus 1. I would rather spend money once and get what I will need later. Ask the guys at the Oceanic Manufacture's Q&A... maybe they can guide you better. My view is I spend extra now to get the best, rather then spend more in total later.
If you had the VT pro already then I'd say not enough perks to upgrade.

Check this link:
http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=148638

I got mine for $719. Have not received it yet, but my dive shop ordered a whole bunch of them and I got a deal. Also, they know me their and know I spend a lot of money there. But you should be able to pick one up for at least $799.

Does any one know if the Vt Pro transmitter works with the VT3 computer?

abjonesiii:
Leisure Pro has recently dropped the price on the VT Pro to $549, GREAT I’ll take one! Oh crap wait a minute… Now there is a VT3 for $900… So now which one do I buy? The only real advance I can see from the pro to the 3 is the buddy check and ability to switch mixes mid dive. I do plan on moving more to the tech realm in the future but that’s a few years out. Soooo is that feature really worth $350 bones. Anybody care to weigh in on this? :confused:

Tell ya what, there are lots of places you can get the VT Pro fr the same price and have a warranty. If you need assistance finding it PM me.

abjonesiii:
Does any one know if the Vt Pro transmitter works with the VT3 computer?

Sure will, up to three of them!:D

abjonesiii:
...The only real advance I can see from the pro to the 3 is the buddy check and ability to switch mixes mid dive......

there is also the adjustable safety stop times/depths, the multiple gas option (up to pure 02), nicer/clearer display, included download cable, free dive mode.....etc

abjonesiii:
I do plan on moving more to the tech realm in the future but that’s a few years out.....

good little mixed gas computer for deco dives....not to mention the gage mode if you choose to use it that way

If you read the fine print on LP, the VT pro doesnt come with the cable, its extra, once you add that it (included on VT3) then the price difference is only $150. At that point, I think the Buddy check, as well as the other features mentioned earlier in this thread are worth the extra money.

litoria:
If you read the fine print on LP, the VT pro doesnt come with the cable, its extra, once you add that it (included on VT3) then the price difference is only $150. At that point, I think the Buddy check, as well as the other features mentioned earlier in this thread are worth the extra money.

There is also the case that if you read the fine print on LP none of our stuff they sell will be covered by our warranty. I'm not going to make a big deal of it here, the subject has been beaten to death. BUT...

THERE IS NO REASON TO PURCHASE A VT PRO FROM LP!!!!! There are many authorized dealers who will sell you the unit at the same price LP shows and you will get full warranty.

cerich:
THERE IS NO REASON TO PURCHASE A VT PRO FROM LP!!!!! There are many authorized dealers who will sell you the unit at the same price LP shows and you will get full warranty.

I concur. If you can't find this price match from your lds, Scuba.com will match LP's price no problem even though they're not an authorized dealer. I've done this on numerous occasions, and never had a problem with them.

I may be doing this for the VT3 as well...
:14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom