React vs. React Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diver_sam_851027

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone know the difference between the Genesis React and the React Pro?

The only things I've noticed are that the pro is wateractivated.

I'm using a React thats on loan from my LDS and my dive buddy recently bought a Pro which is my eventual plan...unless I can afford a Wisdom......

We're just curious on the differences. Any input would be great.

• Exceptionally intuitive display
• Three screens in Dive Mode - User Selected
• Air/Nitrox - User Selected
• Sample rates - User Selected
• Pre-dive planning: Depth - User Selected
• Time of Day (dive & surface)
• Time displays AM or PM
• Month and day display
• PC downloadable
• Large 270° nitrogen absorption graph
• Maximum depth - 330 feet
• Deco stops to 60 ft
• Safety stop countdown timer
• Water or manual activation *React Pro only
• Visual warnings and alarms *React Pro only
• Automatic altitude adjustment - to 14,000 ft
• Detailed Log: 50 most recent dives
• New long-life, consumer replaceable battery * React Pro uses 2450
• HydroGlow™ illumination (dive & surface)
• Replaceable lens protector

NITROX MODE:
• 21% to 50% FO2
• Nitrox indicator icon
• 50% FO2 default - User Selected
• O2 Sat display (dive & surface)
• FO2 display (dive & surface)

Hope this helped

Thank You! It did.

And the one big disadvantage if you're diving Nitrox is...

It's set at 1.6 and you can not change it.

Hmmm....good to know....I'm not into nitrox at this point...this computer is just a loaner from the LDS to learn how to use it, etc. I'm looking into the Wisdom eventually....any thoughts? Good or Bad!

I like mine, it's been reliable and easy enough to read under water. It seems more conservative than many of the Oceanic computers my buddies dive with, i.e. mine will say it's time to come up when theirs still has time left.

The only thing I hate about it is the Computer interface and the software that they sell with it. The cable is a PITA and you can guarantee that you'll have to fiddle with the plug to get it to read the data. The supplied software allows you to back up the data but why, there is absolutely no way to restore that data. There is absolutely no tech support for the software I can find, no updates to it, in short it's a POS software program.

Beyond the Software and the interface cable the actual dive computer is nice and I like mine. If I replace it I'm either going to get a trimix Cochran or maybe an interim Suunto D6.

I've got the ReAct Pro and have been happy with it.

Features I like include date/time stamp on dive log, you can set F02 to not reset between dives (as long as computer stays on), easy to read, easy to set and use.

Items I don't like about it: You have to press buttons during the dive to get all info, where some other computers have everything you need on one screen. I also don't think it logs temp (or I don't know how to read it in the log). It's nice to know what the temp was later.

As for the 1.6 setting, so far that hasn't been a problem for me. It gives you readings of real numbers instead of "dots", so as your PO2 increases, it goes towards 1.6. I don't think that most recreational divers need to go beyond this, or if they do, they tend to have much fancier computers.

The recreational limit for MOD is now considered to be 1.4 and 1.6 is the contingency limit. So, the React Pro will tell you the contingency limit which is not what you want to know on the surface when you're getting ready or double checking your math for the best mix, etc.

That's my issue, I want it to be 1.4 and not 1.6 or at least settable so I can check things out. As is the only benefit to it being 1.6 is you will know that if you go deeper than that you're piling on risk.

The temp is stored, but once the dive is over the only way you'll access it is via the download to computer bit. It'll remember all the temps at each data point.

It's a good computer, basic and not hard to use. If I had it to do over I'd buy the Suunto even though it cost more money. In other words it does not do what I want it to do now. The temp recall thing is one feature I want, and adjustable ppo2 is another. That's it, those two features are important to me.

In other words if I want to dive a 1.3 PPO2 and plan based on that I can not do so with this computer because it's hard coded to give you numbers based on 1.6. It's not a planning type computer in other words, it's more for actual diving with the planning being done elsewhere. You can not check your work with this computer.

cummings66:
The recreational limit for MOD is now considered to be 1.4 and 1.6 is the contingency limit. So, the React Pro will tell you the contingency limit which is not what you want to know on the surface when you're getting ready or double checking your math for the best mix, etc.

That's my issue, I want it to be 1.4 and not 1.6 or at least settable so I can check things out. As is the only benefit to it being 1.6 is you will know that if you go deeper than that you're piling on risk.

Ok... I see what you mean now.. you make a very valid point. For surface planning you should be able to select 1.4.

The temp is stored, but once the dive is over the only way you'll access it is via the download to computer bit. It'll remember all the temps at each data point.

Well, that's just poor software design on their part. It records temp data but won't let you display it in the log review section without downloading it? Like I said, that's just a poor design feature on their part.

It's not enough though to make me not want to sell mine. I've been very happy with mine, however, if I had to buy again, I'd prob choose one with a few different features, most importantly, one that has everything on "one screen" during the dive.

I agree, I wouldn't sell mine or anything like that. It's a good basic computer. However the next one I buy will be quite different and have certain features available on the screen at all times, and others by pushing buttons.

I don't get the temp thing, heck that's one of the things divers like to know and it's not available without a computer download, why? Somebody goofed...

Good basic computer that does Nitrox, and it seems conservative. Almost like diving tables from what I've seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom