Aeris Atmos 2 Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have the above mentioned computer and was wondering if anyone knew a way to turn it off after a dive when you know you aren't going diving again for a week or so. I know that you can do a reset and clear the dive log memory and it will turn off by going to the correct screen and putting in 01 01 -- but I would like to be able to get it off without clearing the log and then once home, download the log to my computer and THEN do a reset/clear and turn it off again.

Since I'm diving locally, I hate wasting battery power while it does a time to fly or desaturation countdown while drying prior to me downloading the data to my computer. Is there any way to turn it off right after a dive?

Thanks...

If you find a way to do it, *I'd* certainly like to know...

The *ONLY* way I've been able to do it, is by taking out the battery (and leaving it out beyond 8 or 10 seconds). It maintains the dive info (in EEPROM, I imagine), but, it won't turn back on, when you reinsert a new battery (until you manually or H20 activate it again).

Don't know if it's worth the trouble... but that's my two cents...

PS, if you find you're running down the battery quickly, you might want to increase your sampling rate...

I have one and I don't think there is a way.
You could post this question in the Aeris Forum to get the manufacture's response.
http://scubaboard.com/forumdisplay.php?f=486

I would have to look at the book which isn't here. But there is a way to turn it off in one of the set ups. It esplains it in the book

DiveMaven:
It turns itself off after 24 hours and uses very little battery power during this time.
Yes - It won't shut off until it reaches a "no fly time" of Zero.

do you guys really like this computer? it's either this, the mares m2, or the suunto mosquito for me, but scuba toys has this for cheap. is it a good comp?

i love the Atmos 2. it is the best value for the money out there

as for turning it off, you can't (unless you take out batteries for a bit).

i would not do that, as it continues to calculate nitrogen load for your next dive.

of course, if you are done diving for quite a while, then it may make sense

Scubastud16:
do you guys really like this computer? it's either this, the mares m2, or the suunto mosquito for me, but scuba toys has this for cheap. is it a good comp?

buy it you will like it! My wife got one from scuba toys before our last trip. She never wanted a computer but is now very glad to have it. Big display easy to understand. Very liberal (good or bad?)

Suunto doesn't seem to be a customer friendly as Aeris/Oceanic and for me that was a big deal.

I'm going to re-check the book.... but I don't think you can turn it off. You should get about 200(+/-) dives out of it, before replacing the batteries.

Howarde, didn't Michelle have around 190 dives on hers? (IIRC from the Keys trip)
Scubastud16:
do you guys really like this computer? ........<snip>........ scuba toys has this for cheap. is it a good comp?
I love my Atmos2 :sappy: It's very user friendly and enriched air compatible. The USB cable is additional $50 or so.....but not required, unless you want to download to your PC. It shore makes a purty li'l chart fer yer logbook tho! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom