computer getting a little hard to see

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Denture Dan

Registered
Reaction score
Hi I dive with a suunto D-9, and the numbers are getting a little hard to see, or my arms are getting too short, is there a magnifier that you can place on the watch, or is half magnifiers on the mask my only option?

Thanks for all of the help

Dan

I have the same problem I got myself an Oceanic Pro plus 2 :D:D:D

Hi Dan, I likewise find the need for longer arms these days. I just added the magnifiers to one of my mask and it works just fine.

The stick on magnifiers work really well, and you only need one. That way you can save the other for the sad day when your first one detaches and gets lost. Actually, if you're really careful to get the glass clean before you attach them, they stick pretty well even with mask floods. Magnifying glasses need an air space behind them to work; I had thought about just bringing a little magnifier, but it doesn't work, something about similar refraction properties of glass and water. The one shown on the link has an airspace built into it.

300bar diver:
I have the same problem I got myself an Oceanic Pro plus 2 :D:D:D
I was going to say the same thing! You beat me to it! :lol:

XS Scuba makes a "Gauge Reader" mask. I use reading glasses and dive with this mask. I started with the glue in magnifier (one) in my old mask. I like these better because the lens is bigger and permanent. I use a compass one one wrist and a a computer on the the other so two lenses make sense. It is less expensive than a custom mask. It runs $70.

Ditto to jmps post. I use the 'guage reader' mask, too, and it works fine. I bought mine for about $60 (about the price of two sets of the stickon diopters).

Thanks for all of the advise, I really appreciate it, it soulds like magnifiers on mask is the way to go. thanks Dan

Maybe you could have your buddy wear the watch on HIS ARM?? Is that far enough away to read it??:wink: :eyebrow: :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom