Looking for digital depth gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jwal001

Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows if i can get a digital depth gauge that i can mount in front of my camera so i can shoot underwater video transects and have a depth readout in the shot. That way i can tell at what depth the image was filmed at? I have tried a analogue gauge, but the needle and numbers are too small to read when reviewing the footage. I have tried a suunto Vytec and that worked great as the display is nice and big and is easy to read off the footage. However, i can't afford 2 Vytects (have two cameras filming in the water at once with each camera doing up to 9 dives/day to depths of 35-40 m). I could use a cheaper computer that has a gauge mode, but it has to be big enough to see??

so what i'm after is a large display digital depth gauge. Anyone know of one, preferabley 2??

Look at the ever popular and versatile Uwatec bottom timers, also marketed by OMS, DiveRite and many others

wbt.jpg
bottomtimer250.jpg
digital-depth-gauge.png

Browse LeisurePro's large selection of dive computers. Currently, they're selling an Aeris model for $180. I think they also sell a bottom timer for about the same price.

www.leisurepro.com

thanks for the good info guys!
Going to look at the Uwatec bottom timer today, hopefully it will be big enough so i can read the depth display.
cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom