VT Pro, Atom 1.0 or VT3?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

asxinu

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
After searching through the many threads on this topic, it seems to me that the Atom 1.0 is the way to go as it has more features than the VT Pro and possibly the same features as the VT3. Looking at it from a value standpoint, without thinking about size and display, the Atom has the same features as the VT3(more or less) but the cost is considerably less. I'm sure that the VT Pro will do everything I will need and then some, but I'm just trying to consider the future(kind of like when you buy a computer). To me, it looks like you get the best bang for the buck with the Atom 1.0. Any thoughts on this?

I looked at all three computers. I looked at the kind of diving that I plan on doing in the next couple of years. My goal is to complete Rescue Diving, Divemaster, look at some specialties etc - not beyond recreational diving limits. I decided that for these goals an Atom 1.0 was adequate and yes had more bang for the buck.
I am totally satisfied with my choice.

The atom 1.0 and vt pro are about the same $$$ ($650) since they are both being discontinued.
The atom 2.0 and vt3 are about the same $$$ ($900) though the atom 2.0 is yet to be launched.
Functionality between the atom 1.0 and vtpro is identical.. if your eyes are good and you are SURE you want a wrist puter, get the atom.
Similarly the atom 2.0 and vt3 are functionally equivalent, but since i cant see the damn digits on an atom i got the Vt3.

I picked the vt3 since i dont want to buy 4yr old technology plus I will likely have my g/f go wireless ai and therefore the buddy feature is useful.
Additionally the vt3 can be hockey puck mounted on a retractor.. so wrist or no wrist, no problem

Personally I'd go with the VT3, I bought one and I absolutely love it. The display is very easy to read underwater compared to some of the other smaller computers.

Back
Top Bottom