Uwatec Aladin Tec vs Suunto Cobra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skraalie

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to purchase either a Uwatec Aladin Tec (wrist) and use a spg or just get the Suunto Cobra.
Anyone have any thoughts either way?
Thanks.

skraalie:
I have the opportunity to purchase either a Uwatec Aladin Tec (wrist) and use a spg or just get the Suunto Cobra.
Thanks.

Anything wrist mounted + SPG + (watch/BT+brain+tables) as a backup.

Hoseless AI is too expensive, hose AI too bulky, and with both you'd still want an SPG anyway to be sure, so why not go that route in the beginning and save some money.

skraalie:
Thanks.
You'd be using your SPG in any case. Having an AI adds to redundancy but doesn't relieve you from using your SPG.

I never regretted the day I bought my Aladin Tec and still think it's a great computer. I haven't used Suunto Cobra but as a general rule, people say for Suunto's that they are a bit pricey and conservative.

See which visual and user interface you prefer. You should go for whichever dive computer you like better, if only for what it looks like. It's up to you and you won't go wrong whatever you decide. The only real mistake would be to go for something that lacks some of the features you'd need in your diving.

mjsylver:
I have an Aladdin Prime and love the thing. I particularly like the infrared link to the computer, no extra cables to buy. I can't speak for the tec or the Sunnto.
Uwatec Aladin Prime and Tec are almost the same computer with Tec having a few extra features. They even share the same manual.

if you decide to get the aladin tec get the new Aladin Tec G2 which has a 2 gas capability vs the 1 gas of the aladin tec (which doesn't make sense to me why they call it a tec computer).

Happy with my Aladin Tec.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom