Do you change the o-ring with you battery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maaaarius

Registered
Reaction score
In my Aladin TEC manual it says that I should always change the o-ring when I change the battery. Who does this? Everyone? No one?

It's ok for me to change the o-ring at the same time, but then Uwatec should probably explain where the f... I can buy such an "special" teflon coated o-ring. Uwatec list a part number for battery kit with matching o-ring in their manuak. I get a total of 4 hits.

Should I just forget about buying a batteri and o-ring, and just hope to find one where I'm diving at that moment? My current battery and o-ring works fine, but I just wanted something in backup, just in case.

Since the warranty doesn't cover leaks due to a wrong battery replacement and/or o-ring, I guess I should be a bit carefull about using a different o-ring. I've seen cameras been flooded, it's not very fun.

If you know the material, durometer and size...Marco Rubber

www.marcorubber.com

maaaarius:
In my Aladin TEC manual it says that I should always change the o-ring when I change the battery. Who does this? Everyone? No one?

It's ok for me to change the o-ring at the same time, but then Uwatec should probably explain where the f... I can buy such an "special" teflon coated o-ring. Uwatec list a part number for battery kit with matching o-ring in their manuak. I get a total of 4 hits.

Should I just forget about buying a batteri and o-ring, and just hope to find one where I'm diving at that moment? My current battery and o-ring works fine, but I just wanted something in backup, just in case.

Since the warranty doesn't cover leaks due to a wrong battery replacement and/or o-ring, I guess I should be a bit carefull about using a different o-ring. I've seen cameras been flooded, it's not very fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom