operating a Aladin Prime

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just bought an aladin prime computer,and trying to figer out how to work it.Ihavent dove with it yet,read the book and, watched the dvd.And I still dont know how to set the depth you want to dive too . If you have any help I would like it thanks

You don't set the depth you dive too. It calculates it as you descend/ascend. If you set a depth pre-dive, It would be no better than using tables.

You have the manual and you still need help with it, right? Or do you need a manual for it?

Danman589019:
You don't set the depth you dive too. It calculates it as you descend/ascend. If you set a depth pre-dive, It would be no better than using tables.
Unless the OP is talking about its "Dive planner" function.

I do have the manual(what an idiot)but I only dove with tabels,now I moving up in the wourld.The manual dont say much neather does the dvd. What about on a repetitive dive does it work the same. Please dont make fun of me,any help is needed thanks

OK, you can still use your dive tables to plan your dives. You don't need to use the built in Dive planner at all.

Do you understand how to navigate the menus or do you need help with that as well?

Aladin Prime has default setting for ppO2 at 1.4 and is set for diving with air. Also its water contacts are on by default which you can test by getting it wet in the kitchen sink. This means that it will automatically turn on at the beginning of your dive, you don't have to turn it on yourself.

You should set the time and date and check whether it's set to your preferred units - metric or imperial.

It is set by default to L0 level of conservativism. This means that it doesn't calculate the microbubble risk. You should set this to at least L1 level. You can even set it higher if you're a new, inexperienced diver.

That's about it. At least that's what comes to mind so far. Fire away if you need more help.

I know how to use the menu I set the time and all that good stuff that was the only question I had,thankyou very much,if you have any other tips please let me know thanks very much

Well, be sure to have a full understanding of what the icons on its screen mean prior to diving:

1. Make sure you understand the deco stop and safety stop warnings.

2. Don't panic when the alarm goes on signalling too fast ascent as I'm sure it will. :) Slow down and it will be ok again.

3. Are you diving with Nitrox? Make sure you know how to set it up for the right blend in your tank. Make sure you understand the CNS tox values.

4. Are you wreck diving, cave diving or diving by night? Press and hold left button during the dive to backlight the screen. Works also in land mode.

5. Don't try to turn it off manually after the dive. It does this also by itself five minutes after you finish the dive. Press and hold right button to display the remaining desaturation time.

6. Don't dive with an empty battery. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom