IR interface not working with SmartCOM, what to do...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cky3396

Registered
Reaction score
the facts:

-my uwatec smartcom computer does not connect with 2 different PCs with XP.
-my usb-irda is installed properly with the most up to date drivers.
-all virus protection is disabled.
-running smarttrak v2.0100
-just 10 dives, 3 week old computer.

-i have tested the following computers, all which have worked FLAWLESSLY uploading dives, and managing settings with smarttrak: Galileo SOL & 2 different Aladin Prime.

as far as im concerned, the smartcom computer is faulty. any suggestions before i return it to my LDC?

hmm, well the computer is brand spankin new... no marks, clean and clear on the IR port.

Is the Infrared Adapter the new one? (Comes in a black box, IR721, part number 05.050.001?) Because that one is much more reliable from what I have seen. I have seen a few people who come in here and can’t get theirs to work for the life of them. The cable I mentioned above is the one I use at the shop and haven’t seen any problems with it, but sometimes they take it home and can’t get it to work. It’s has to be either the cable, the drivers on the computer, or a faulty SmartCom. I just wish I could tell you what one. Make sure you keep me updated though!

im using a sigmatel stir4200 usb-irda. not the one that uwatec provides. my options are limited as far as computer hardware out here in dubai. it aint like socal out here.... my dive shop has a uwatec serial-ir connector, but my none of my computers have that.

id like to get my hands on a uwatec ir adapter, but im told it could take 3 weeks. i guess im impatient with this type of thing, i love my gadgets and i want them to work properly. the one thing that is alarming is the fact that the galileo and aladin primes connect each and everytime, with 100% success on the transfers.

If the other two IR dive computers are connecting over IR no problem, I'd say the problem is with your SmartCom.

ah well, ive taken the computer back to the shop.. we'll see what happens. if its to be replaced, ill likely go with a simpler aladin and good old fashioned spg. we'll see

for future searches... scubapro allowed a replacement unit after my LDS could not get the IR to function - i traded up for a smart z and payed the difference (couldnt resist). IR works like a charm =)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom