New iPhone App - iScubaPlan - [pics] + [video]

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brockbr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All,
I'm happy to announce that my latest application for the iPhone and iPod Touch has been released - iScuba Plan - ScubaPlan.com.

Many of you have used my current application iDeco, and have asked for a recreational version - Well here it is!

iScubaPlan has been created using the test data that DSAT published. What this means is that it has been designed to give the same results as the PADI RDP(tm) tables.

The concept is super simple - I've built an entirely brand new iPhone interface just for dive planning - It is 100% unique to iScuba Plan. Simply slide the bars for time, EAN, depth and surface interval. EVERYTHING is calculated on the fly!

The instant calculations allow you to play "what-if's" for your dives. If I stay out another 30 minutes, what does it do to my next dive?

And multiple dives are supported too... Just set a surface interval and scroll down.

This is a great way to learn tables, and is extremely fast and fluid.

iScubaPlan also supports Nitrox by calculating the EAD on the fly and showing this to you.

You also get an instant Nitrox calculator - Simply move the Nitrox slider and you instantly see the pO2.

To see iScubaPlan on video: ScubaPlan.com

You can get iScubaPlan from Apple at: Apple - iScubaPlan

PLEASE NOTE: If you buy iScubaPlan and like it, PLEASE leave a review in the Apple AppStore!! This is essential for iScubaPlan to move up through the listings!

And now, some screenshots:
iscuba-1-0-0-1.jpg

iscuba-1-0-0-2.jpg

iscuba-1-0-0-3.jpg

Special Note: iScubaPlan currently supports Imperial & Metric via conversion to the Imperial data.

This is a great app. The real time feedback is awesome. The visual clues are great. Also like that repetitive dives are tied together so that as you make changes to one, it will directly impact the others.

Keep up the good work!

This is a great app. The real time feedback is awesome. The visual clues are great. Also like that repetitive dives are tied together so that as you make changes to one, it will directly impact the others.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback.

Let me know if you have suggestions.

b.

Brock,

A couple of questions:

a. Does it work on I-Touch first generation?

b. I think it would be a great addition to the program if it also calculated how much gas the diver would use for whatever dive was being planned.

Just got the app earlier today. Looks very very sharp. The tutorial is nice as well. At first glance it seems like a really good product. I have a question. I noticed that you used the PADI tables as a basis for calculating NDL and Pressure Groups. How different are the NAUI, SSI, SDI, etc. tables from PADI? I know you had to pick one agencies tables to use and that's cool. Just wondered how different the other agencies' tables are from each other.

Brock,

A couple of questions:

a. Does it work on I-Touch first generation?

b. I think it would be a great addition to the program if it also calculated how much gas the diver would use for whatever dive was being planned.

Yes - iScubaPlan works with any generation iPhone or iPod Touch.

b.

Just got the app earlier today. Looks very very sharp. The tutorial is nice as well. At first glance it seems like a really good product. I have a question. I noticed that you used the PADI tables as a basis for calculating NDL and Pressure Groups. How different are the NAUI, SSI, SDI, etc. tables from PADI? I know you had to pick one agencies tables to use and that's cool. Just wondered how different the other agencies' tables are from each other.

Actually - iScubaPlan has been written specifically to break out it's Pressure Groups, NDL's and SI's per any agencies tables.

In order to have it reflect the same groups as the PADI RDP, I was NOT allowed to simply copy the tables. I had to use the DSAT test data and results. DSAT RDP is the PADI RDP (you'll always see "Diving Science and Technology - DSAT" listed on PADI tables).

What this means is that the resulting program is capable of interpolation - It *could* have told you that at 82', the NDL is different than at 85'. BUT, recreational divers aren't taught this using tables (the exception being the PADI Wheel, which does this EXACT interpolation). Recreational divers are taught that anything over a table number puts you in the next bracket - 81' = 90'.

OK - With all that explained, it comes down to the algorithm used to determine the groups. These algorithms are (for the most part) logarithmic.

This means that any agencies tables could be utilized in the same fashion *if they confirm* to a logarithm.

What I've found is that not all tables do, and this is generally because of rounding based on depths. iScubaPlan can also account for this to some degree so long as it's predictable.

Obviously I wanted to satisfy one of the biggest groups first, but I am open to adding any other agencies info.

b.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom