Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Suunto Cobra 2 - Can Quick Disconnect be Added On?

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Suunto Cobra 2 - Can Quick Disconnect be Added On?

If one has a Cobra 2 without Quick Disconnect, is it possible to convert it to Quick Disconnect after the fact? Any idea how much it would cost?

Thanks,
    Dave

Divemaster
    Badge

just doesn't give a
    rat's status.

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Absolutely. And it is pretty simple with just a few, normally available hand tools (like the properly sized wrenches). Been awhile since I got mine, and the pieces themselves may appear to be a little pricey (just checked quick on the Internet, and ScubaStore.com has it for around $70), but I have had two (one still on my Cobra 2, the other on my wife's hand-me-down - from me - Eon), and they are great and convenient, and I have never had a problem. I highly recommend it.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by ibj40 View Post
    Absolutely. And it is pretty simple with just a few, normally available hand tools (like the properly sized wrenches). Been awhile since I got mine, and the pieces themselves may appear to be a little pricey (just checked quick on the Internet, and ScubaStore.com has it for around $70), but I have had two (one still on my Cobra 2, the other on my wife's hand-me-down - from me - Eon), and they are great and convenient, and I have never had a problem. I highly recommend it.
    Thanks! Can you tell me what pieces I would need to order from ScubaStore? I tried to a search, but not sure what parts I need. Is it pretty self explanatory once you have the parts?

Got a great deal on the computer, so I don't mind spending a little more for the QD. Seems like a must-have feature.

Thanks
    Dave

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by TravelDave View Post
    Seems like a must-have feature.
    I don't know about that, but it is a nice feature to have.

It is as simple as unscrewing the hose off of your computer. If I remember correctly and it has been a little while, the last one I did was a 3-5 minute project. Disconnect the hose, remove the existing base connection and add the new one.

If you are uncomfortable with it, take it to your LDS and then can do it pretty quick even if they don't normally carry Suunto.

I can't remember, but I think I took the back off, 4 screws to make it easier to get the boot off since it seats inside the molded housing. If you do pull the back off, go ahead and clean the metal selector buttons that are normally covered by plastic from the outside. Those are the buttons that you push to select options in the software. Chances are if the computer has been in any salt water, they might have a tinge of corrosion and will only take a few seconds.

You will figure it out. Good luck with it.
    Craig

Killer&Griller....... vhf channel 6 Cape Fear River

Divemaster
    Badge

just doesn't give a
    rat's status.

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer&Griller View Post
    I don't know about that, but it is a nice feature to have.

It is as simple as unscrewing the hose off of your computer. If I remember correctly and it has been a little while, the last one I did was a 3-5 minute project. Disconnect the hose, remove the existing base connection and add the new one.

If you are uncomfortable with it, take it to your LDS and then can do it pretty quick even if they don't normally carry Suunto.

I can't remember, but I think I took the back off, 4 screws to make it easier to get the boot off since it seats inside the molded housing. If you do pull the back off, go ahead and clean the metal selector buttons that are normally covered by plastic from the outside. Those are the buttons that you push to select options in the software. Chances are if the computer has been in any salt water, they might have a tinge of corrosion and will only take a few seconds.

You will figure it out. Good luck with it.
    I can't add much more to that. It actually is pretty simple.

As to a source, you might check the other on-line scuba supply places, as well.

Good Luck!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

ibj40 -

Is the part that you found at scuba.com an actual Suunto QD or is it some other brand? I didn't find it when I searched scuba.com, but may be using the wrong search term. Does it attach to the first stage or does it attach where the hose goes into the computer?

Thanks again,
    Dave

Divemaster
    Badge

just doesn't give a
    rat's status.

Dives
    I just don't log dives
    Suunto-quick-connect

Hope this works (and helps)!