Galileo Trimix?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Onsrac

Reaction score
# of dives
Just saw the new Scuba Pro catalog and they state they will have Trimix available for download for the Sol and Luna starting Spring of 2010.

Anyone know anything about price? Or specific dates of the release?

Thanks

Just saw the new Scuba Pro catalog and they state they will have Trimix available for download for the Sol and Luna starting Spring of 2010.

Anyone know anything about price? Or specific dates of the release?

Thanks

I just heard from a SP dealer that the download would be free for Sol owners but not Luna. Heard the same time-line....

Nice,

I am a Sol owner, and it's nice to know they will go down this path with the Galileo...

Yeah the west Coast SP rep was at our January Club Meeting (Monterey Sea Otters) and he confirmed the sol download is FREE but it will cost the Luna owners.

It has been rumored for a long time.

Also, the Sol and Luna will be mentioned as they are still cataloged, but will it also download to the Terra? (Basically a Luna without the totally useless for technical diving air integration functions.)

Any idea what algorithym it will use for He dives?

Not that it matters, we just went with Shearwater Predators instead...

I believe the Terra was discontinued, so I really doubt it.

Here's a post from 07' stating Trimix for the SOL should be out by the end of 2008:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/2881129-post10.html

Also some info on the deco algo in the thread:
"UWATEC has been working on a new, fully validated, deco model for helium (called Copernicus) since 2003"

I own a SOL but I'd probably leave the trimix dives up to my X1 should Uwatec actually ever release this upgrade.

I believe the Terra was discontinued, so I really doubt it.
I know it has been discontinued, but it is the same basic computer with the same software and update potential. Since the product uses the same software, one assumes it could be made available for Terra users as well.

Scubapro has a history of making retrofits of newer technology into older products whenever possible, if it does not happen with the Terra then it is a sea change of sorts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom