Recover / Reset Suunto Dive Manager password

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tafflad

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Had to rebuild PC .. have installed Suunto Dive Manger (3.1.0)
Pointed it to my last backup file (.bak format)
Assume it loaded file OK ... as it now puts my username in a log-in window.
I have either forgotten the password I used (or remember it wrongly) as I can't log-in.

I also have copies of Configuration Settings file and a copy of SDE file.

Can I recover password from any of these ?

In an older post somebody mentioned that Suunto uses standard Microsoft Access format and stores data in an mdb file (with Access password of koira).... but a search on PC does not show any files of that type.

OK ... that part is solved (Thanks for email of reset password) .... opens up previous file.

However now I can't get VYPER2 recognised ....

The download wizard starts, I select Computer Type & Com Port ... it goes "searching for device" but after a while pops up "device not found" window

USB port is good, and computer display shows "Data Transfer"

Joys of a VISTA PC.

Hi,

I have the same problem! I have a new laptop and cannot remember the Suunto Dive Manager password I created. Could you hook me up with the instructions?

Thanks
Paul

I am having exactly the same problem after restoring from a .bak backup file. I know the username / password combination (and can actually *see* it in the .bak file when I inspect it!). Can you please let me know how you resolved the password removal/reset issue?

OK ... that part is solved (Thanks for email of reset password) .... opens up previous file.

However now I can't get VYPER2 recognised ....

The download wizard starts, I select Computer Type & Com Port ... it goes "searching for device" but after a while pops up "device not found" window

USB port is good, and computer display shows "Data Transfer"

Joys of a VISTA PC.

When we originally down loaded the Suunto DM 3x we also down loaded a driver file. I'll look for mine and post when I find it.

---------- Post added April 10th, 2012 at 07:54 PM ----------

When we originally down loaded the Suunto DM 3x we also down loaded a driver file. I'll look for mine and post when I find it.

I found the driver files. PM me with email address if you are interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom