Alternate strap for Suunto D6

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tvh13

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have been considering the purchase of a Suunto D6. The one problem that many describe having with these computers is the strap breaking. Are there 3rd party strap options or am I stuck with the Suunto? Can anyone tell me wether a maratac strap can be easily fitted onto this computer?

Sadly these computers all seem to have this same problem, I actually got rid of brand new D6 just because of the strap.
I had 3 of them let go in the first 6 months of use.
On the Bright side, There is a solution coming in the next couple of months.
It will be adaptors that fit on exacly the same as the strap does now, but then you thread a typical "Nato or Zulu" type strap through it.
They will look like an original part of the computer, and not too expensive either and they will include the strap as an option if you like.
If you want some more information PM Me or send an E-Mail to spherediving (at) gmail.com.

they will be as high quality as the ones on this Ecozilla watch, (they have a proprietary rubber strap as well)

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_8165.jpg
    IMG_8165.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 1,136
  • ecozilla adaptors 002_Sm.jpg
    ecozilla adaptors 002_Sm.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 1,182
  • IMG_8124_SM.jpg
    IMG_8124_SM.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 955
  • IMG_8150_SM.jpg
    IMG_8150_SM.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_8171_SM.jpg
    IMG_8171_SM.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 877
Last edited:
This is something I'd be interested in. Been looking for a way to mount mine while wearing 7mm wetsuit and 5 mm gloves over top.

I'll let you know as soon as we have the production model available if you like.

I'd like to be informed. I just put bungees on mine a few days ago, but haven't tried it yet. Your solution just looks much better

Well if anyone is interested, I should have the first ones in a few weeks, The price should be about 60 dollars (USD) and they will come with a really good quality 3 ring (NATO) style strap.
Since I use both my watch and two computers when I am at work, and I come from a time in Diving where if you didn't have it and needed it, you ended up making it yourself.
That's where this comes from, I'm adapting an Idea I had on these years ago, and finally have someone to help me get these made by a Watch company.

They are the only people that can do the milling on 5 axis's to within the tolerances needed to make it look good.

I had a watchmaker look at them, and he thought they were made by the same company that did the watch, and that they were a new model that I was testing, but it was the adaptors, they look like they are part of the watch / Computer.

If anyone wants a set, I will make a post in the forums when they are done and ready to ship.
Also you can contact me Via the web, look up Sphere Diving Systems LTD Co. it's pretty easy to find on the net

Attachments

• IMG_8150_SM.jpg
    IMG_8150_SM.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 1,148
  • IMG_8151_SM.jpg
    IMG_8151_SM.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 968
  • IMG_8171_SM.jpg
    IMG_8171_SM.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 871
  • IMG_8124_SM.jpg
    IMG_8124_SM.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 1,069
Reactions: D_B
Hopefully the ones for the Suunto's look as good as the ones in the pictures.

I'm definitely interested, I'll be waiting to hear when I can send the money :)

I also have a D9 with the amazingly weak straps, one just broke on me yesterday after a dive. I like your CNC milled adapter idea, sounds like a very novel fix. Let me know when you get some in I'd love to do away with the suunto strap for a more functional and replaceable one.

Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom