Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: New to DIVE COMPUTERS... Difference???

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    0 - 24

EEK New to DIVE COMPUTERS... Difference???

OK, I am new to diving and I absolutely enjoy it. I already bought all my gear and have been certified for a month now. I am looking for a Dive Computer. I really like Oceanic, and have read many good things from them. My question is what are the differences between the Veo 2.0 and the Veo 3.0??? Thanks!!!!!!

Assimilated Medical Mod

Currently broken

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    Photos
    Blog Entries
    Personal Dive Computers - Oceanic Veo 3.0 with Dual Algorithm
    Personal Dive Computers - Oceanic Veo 2.0 with Dual Algorithm

I spent a little time on the specs, and saw very little difference, except one has two pushbuttons and the other has three. But I didn't pore through, and you may want to.
    "If something goes tits up, don't count on rising to the occasion. You will fall to what you have truly mastered." (PfcAJ)
    My dive journal can be read here, and a current dive blog HERE
    Okay, you've heard all our opinions. Want to know what the science is? http://archive.rubicon-foundation.org/
    www.divematrix.com

Jax
    Forgive your enemies . .

. but keep your gun oiled.

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Excellent find, Lynne!

I got curious -- the VEO 3.0 is a multigas computer.

At the bottom of the specs pages, the VEO3 has a "step back" through the menu (I assume the 2.0 makes you go all the way back through again if you miss a menu setting).

And, the VEO 3.0 has a setting for "Set FO2 Value (%) Gas 1" and "Set FO2 Value (%) Gas 2".

Therefore, you can swap to a different mix, such as for deco gas.
    "Equality of opportunity or equality of outcome?
    One is consistent with a free people and the other requires a police state. Pick one."
    ~Cool Hardware52
    I, alone, am responsible for my health and safety, my actions and inactions.
    "If a small thing has the power to make you angry, does that not indicate something about your size?" ~Sydney J. Harris
    Ephesians 4:26 In your anger do not sin.

Equipment Manufacturer

Manufacturer

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD-ERA View Post
    ...My question is what are the differences between the Veo 2.0 and the Veo 3.0??? Thanks!!!!!!
    Use the Dive Computers Research Tool to perform a ... side-by-side comparison.

Both of them come with a free online class if you register the dive computer with Oceanic.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Registered

Between Dives

Dives
    200 - 499
    Before you buy, I'm just checking, did you consider the issue of whether you wanted an air-integrated computer or not Oceanic also makes air-integrated models. Not everyone chooses air-integrated, but it's worth considering whether you want one.

And if so, then the issue becomes 'wrist computer with wireless transmitter' vs. a standard, 'SPG-style' computer on a hose (e.g.: VT4 vs. Pro Plus 2.1).

Richard.