New to DIVE COMPUTERS... Difference???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MAD-ERA

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
OK, I am new to diving and I absolutely enjoy it. I already bought all my gear and have been certified for a month now. I am looking for a Dive Computer. I really like Oceanic, and have read many good things from them. My question is what are the differences between the Veo 2.0 and the Veo 3.0??? Thanks!!!!!!

Excellent find, Lynne!

I got curious -- the VEO 3.0 is a multigas computer.

At the bottom of the specs pages, the VEO3 has a "step back" through the menu (I assume the 2.0 makes you go all the way back through again if you miss a menu setting).

And, the VEO 3.0 has a setting for "Set FO2 Value (%) Gas 1" and "Set FO2 Value (%) Gas 2".

Therefore, you can swap to a different mix, such as for deco gas.

...My question is what are the differences between the Veo 2.0 and the Veo 3.0??? Thanks!!!!!!
Use the Dive Computers Research Tool to perform a ... side-by-side comparison.

Both of them come with a free online class if you register the dive computer with Oceanic.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Before you buy, I'm just checking, did you consider the issue of whether you wanted an air-integrated computer or not Oceanic also makes air-integrated models. Not everyone chooses air-integrated, but it's worth considering whether you want one.

And if so, then the issue becomes 'wrist computer with wireless transmitter' vs. a standard, 'SPG-style' computer on a hose (e.g.: VT4 vs. Pro Plus 2.1).

Richard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom