iPad Dive Log Apps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JamesK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
OK, I have searched, but my searching ability sucks. Plus, the threads were all older. So, those of you that use iPads to log dives, what app do you find to be the best?

I have been using a Droid tablet, but just decided to buy and iPad instead. I have a PC, and not a Mac, but that could change soon. I use a Nitek Q for a dive computer and a Nitek Duo as a bottom timer.

So, any help anyone?

---------- Post added at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

I should also add that I want one that can track mixed gas and deco diving along with multiple tank pressures.

We made our own using Bento. I can post our template if you're interested. The nice thing about this is that you can customize it however you want, and Bento is pretty cheap. The down side is that it won't sync with any dive computers.

Custom always sounds nice. As for syncing, I can live with out it. In ten years I have never synced with a computer! :) I will give it a try. Thanks!

..... iPads to log dives.......... I have a PC....... I want one that can track mixed gas and deco diving along with multiple tank pressures.
divePAL is available for both PC and iPad (and Mac soon) so the logs synch automatically among multiple platforms.
divePAL Windows has also a Tech version (that can track as many Trimix tanks you want to).
We plan to add Tech level to divePAL iPad in a month or so.
Lastly, divePAL combines dive logging AND dive planning (and few more things) in the same tool.

What dive computer do you use?

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Ron, Thanks for the response. I will look in to that one.

Alberto, I use a Nitek Q. Dive Rite is slow about getting a Windows 7 update for it. I have downloaded Dive Pal and am trying to figure it out now. I am guessing I have to go to your website to set up an account?

..... I am guessing I have to go to your website to set up an account?
Yes.
We have a free tutorial for divePAL iPad, you could use it as a starting point to learn how to use divePAL Windows, they are similar .... but, the Windows version has way more features (Estimated Pressure Group, Trimix, Gradient Factor, Selective Gradients ....) that are not yet available in the iPad version.

Thanks. I will register on your website and start trying your product out. It will get a thorough test as I have to log the couple hundred dives in my first two years of diving before I stopped logging and the 100+ I have in the past 6 months when I started logging again. Argh!!! Good things I stopped for quite a few years. lol

..... It will get a thorough test as I have to log the couple hundred dives in my first two years of diving before I stopped logging and the 100+ I have in the past 6 months when I started logging again. ....
Thank You.
I added you to our beta testers (free use of the Tech version) :wink:

Back
Top Bottom