Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Question for the V Planner crowd

Registered

Living to Dive

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos

Question for the V Planner crowd

Hey guys,

This past weekend I did a series of 2 dives to 140' for 25 mins. I was on 25% back gass with 77% deco gas. I was using my profile from V Planner but also had my Aeis Elite T3 with me in normal dive mode. +2 for Vplanner and conservative turned off on the computer.

The first dive I was out of deco with my planned profile and my computer around the same time. But on my second dive my comp put me into deco much further than V Planner and had me do an extra 8 mins at 10' on 77%. I did the extra hang, but was it really needed? I know V planner is a better program than my comp but i didnt think they would be that far off on the second dive when they were very close on the first.

Just so you know, I did do my planned depth and time on both dives without issue. I was thinking that I should just turn the comp to gauge mode, but having a backup source keping track of my Ni and O2 loading makes me more comfortable. What do you think?

Instructor...seriously...

Still looking for a status....

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    I'm not familiar with the model (buhlman, rgbm, haldaean etc) that the aeris uses, a bit of googling might find out. I also use V planner with a back up, a suunto vytec. Its a good procedure to have comparable models if using redundancy, I've had a few dives where my cut profile had to be "modified", thank you ratio deco.
    Deco
    PADI MSDT #TDI/SDI #15666 UTD #114
    "you can have my spare air when you pry it from my cold dead hands....."
    I find it fascinating that more men have walked on the moon than have seen the ocean below 800 feet.
    }<)))>}<)))>}<)))>

j2s
    Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Quote Originally Posted by decompression View Post
    I'm not familiar with the model (buhlman, rgbm, haldaean etc) that the aeris uses, a bit of googling might find out. I also use V planner with a back up, a suunto vytec. Its a good procedure to have comparable models if using redundancy, I've had a few dives where my cut profile had to be "modified", thank you ratio deco.
    I do the same, and either use 2 Sunnto's; the Vytec DS and the D9....The Sunnto's give me two different deco's compared to the V-Planner [and 10-15psi difference between the two computers]...Or I'll use two Oceanics; Atom 2.0 and VT3 w/the V-planner....The Oceanics always give the exact same psi and deco profile, but they're different than V-Planner....They're closer to the V-Planner than the Sunnto's......I always follow the V-Planner as it's closest to the manual calc's I do w/all the formulas.....

Registered

Living to Dive

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    Ok, that is what I was thinking, but if I follow the v planner my comp will go into violation mode and lock me out.

Jameson is SIX!

d a aquamaster gave me the
    hood...

Dives
    200 - 499
    i don't know about your specific computer, but many rec computers will really penalize a second dive on the same day as a deco dive - like v planner might show 6 minutes for the repetitive dive, but the rec computer wants 20. so your options in that case are to use v planner, put the computer in gauge mode, keep it in computer mode but have the gas to make it happy, or get a deco-oriented computer.
    ...and the days go by, water flowing under ground, into the blue again, into the silent water, under the rocks and stones, there is water underground... - talking heads