Suunto Vector as a Dive Watch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

slikrickabn

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone use the Vector for a dive watch? Any opinions on the use if the Vector to dive with would be appreciated.

slik

I wouldn't recommend it. It is only rated to 100ft. Which means realistically swimming with it in the pool. Since the pressures when the watch impacts the water will be much higher. Also the altimeter and barometer functions need exposure to air so there are small ports for them. In salt water it could be possible to clog these and damage the function.

If you want a basic dive watch g-shocks are good.

Otherwise get a wrist dive computer

ps: I'm a watch designer.

---------- Post added December 16th, 2012 at 05:34 PM ----------

Read review #2 looks like he found out the hard way
Suunto Vector Black | Suunto

This is more of a hiking, mountaineering watch where you may get caught in the rain or fall into a river. It is not meant for prolonged underwater use.
You will probably need to avoid altitude or barometer functions for a dive watch.

Well, I have one and was just wondering... BTW, there is no better diving watch than a G Shock, been using one for years. Thanks for the info!

slik

Back
Top Bottom