Nitek Q Workbench software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaAl

Contributor
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a problem installing the Workbench software from Dive Rite?
This is the program that is to work with the NitekQ dive computer for logging dives and setting up the computer.
I was on the road and downloaded the program for several different locations. Each time the install failed in the exact same way. The installation starts, then fails with the message "Installation Failed. Contact your system adimn"
Dive Rite told me this problem was due to poor internet connections. I'm now back home so I tried downloading and installing once again. Same result "failure".
My computer has Norton Security Suite installed and I can turn it off. I tried this and still failed.
Anyone know what I can do to get this resolved?

Help, Please. Thanks, Al

i can't get it to install on my win8 laptop...i will have to try on my mac later

install with administrator rights

DR tells me no compatibility with Win8 right now...soon, they say.

install with administrator rights

And how do you do that? I have myself set up as the Admin, and I still can not install it on Win 7.

Hello James,

you can't install it or run it as an administrator?

if you in anyway installed it, do a mouse right click on the program an select over run (executed) as administrator.

Thanks Carlos. I tried running it both as an admin and in compatibility mode. Neither worked.

Hi all,

I'm new for NiTekQ about 1 week

I use MAC 10.9.1 to install Workbench software, Some how I got error msgs " FxEvent received: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/heliox/diverite/HexFileLoader" and application just hang, Is anyone know what's going on for this Workbench application ?

Nope. This has been a huge issue since release. Nobody has gotten good results with Workbench, regardless of OS or computer. Workbench, IMHO, is a huge failure of the NitekQ. Were it to be less proprietary and/or better implemented I'd be MUCH more prone to buy one. Since it is such a pain, I'm saving pennies for another dive computer.

Back
Top Bottom