Oceanic Atom 1.0

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jnb2b1

Registered
Reaction score
I have a versa pro right now but I am giving it to my wife to use and I put money down on an Oceanic Atom 1.0, It is coming in may (I Hope). Has anyone hear anything bad about the Atoms, Looks like it is going to be the cats meow. You can set it up for three separate gases all by transmitters no hoses. How cool is that.

That bad boy is way to much computer for my wife, Thats got my name all over it.

jnb2b1:
That bad boy is way to much computer for my wife, Thats got my name all over it.
Pretty impressive, almost wished I had paid some attention to Oceanic at DEMA. Alas I didn't. One thing I can tell you is that watchsize computers have watchsize displays. Too small to be read comfortable (the big numbers are okay, but the tiny descriptions are not) and quickly. And since the sreen is so small you have to flip through several to get you info (5 in this case I believe). And then it gets hard to remember what you're looking at ... .
In that respect nothing beats the Explorer.
Now just imagine they would have implemented a modern algorithm ... .
In that respect nothing beats the Explorer either. :D

That said, I've got a DiveRite dual mix Nitek+ as a back-up, and love it as such. While I wouldn't dive wireless on my main gas supply, it should be fine for stages, where you can mount an unintrusive mini gauge as backup.

I wonder for how much they'll sell it.

Right now it sounds like it'll be around $100 more than the VT Pro. That could change once it actually comes out. Originally, it was slated for a Spring 2004 release, but I don't know if that's changed...

I had a friend who toured Pelagic last winter while visiting the bay. He said that the mock-up for the Atom (probably same one at DEMA) is a large watch size, so I don't know how bad the numerals will be. I think it will be too large to use as an everyday watch (a bill which the Stinger and Mares Nemo seem to fit nicely).

I put $200.00 down and I am suppose to get it in May. $575.00 for the computer and $425.00 per transmitter. Looks pretty sweet!!, Hope it works as good as it looks.

As far as I know, it isn't available yet. It should be available some time soon, but I don't believe that Oceanic has shipped it to their dealers. My local Oceanic shop has had one on order since they announced last year, and they haven't heard anything about when to expect it yet. I don't think anyone will be able to answer your questions right now, and probably won't be able to answer your battery question for some time (long enough to drain a battery, anyway... :) )

Has anyone tried the Atom yet?
Does anyone know what the algorithm is?
Is it manufactured by Pelagic?

Wish I had more info on it but have not been able to find much. Comming in first part of May,hope it is not to hard to read under water.

:zap1:

I saw it a DEMA. It was a nice size. Small enough that you could wear it as a normal wristwatch but large enough to see easily.

It uses the same Algorithim that the VTPro, Versa Pro and VEO 200 use.

Yep it's manufactured by Pelagic

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom