Huish Outdoors acquires LIQUIVISION

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

0002s

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Huish Outdoors acquires LIQUIVISION

We are very excited to announce that we have been acquired by Huish Outdoors and are now part of this growing family of innovative brands.

Since 2005 Liquivision has been designing and producing innovative dive computers and we are excited about future opportunities now we are part of a growing family of outdoor companies. It is a win-win situation for both companies. Liquivision’s design and engineering team instantly gives Huish Outdoors unparalleled expertise in electronic design and manufacturing while Huish Outdoors provides us with an excellent distribution network and financial support; ideal platforms for success.

This represents a milestone event for our company. Having grown from a small start-up in Vancouver, Canada to a successful acquisition by a quality buyer in the form of Huish Outdoors is a real achievement for our team and we couldn’t be happier.

“The addition of the Liquivision team and products to our growing dive business represents a big step forward for us and we’re very excited to have them on board,” says Mike Huish, President of Huish Outdoors. “Liquivision’s products will complement our Atomic Cobalt line, and position us to bring new exciting product to this industry; this acquisition is a huge success for us, and our customers.”

It is our intention to continue building the Liquivision brand. This means investing in product development that will result in innovative dive instruments, maintaining reliable customer support and strengthening the level of responsive service to our distribution and retail network. You, our customer are the most important component of that plan and every effort will be made to ensure you receive everything you need to continue to successfully sell Liquivision products. We look forward to taking the brand – and your sales - to the next level.

What will change?
The transition will be simple and seamless. Dealers can continue to contact us and place their orders through their preferred method (phone, email or webstore). As of Jul 1st 2014 all US orders will be shipped directly from our US warehouse, eliminating customs delays and decreasing shipping costs as well as transit time.

Thank you again for introducing Liquivision products to your customers and we look forward to increasing upon our successful relationship.

Most Sincerely,

Margaret Malewski
CO-Owner and CEO
Liquivision

About Huish Outdoors
Huish Outdoors strength is built on a solid team with extensive experience in manufacturing, vertical integration and building brands in the consumer products industry. With a mandate on acquiring and building companies with high-quality, innovative products, Huish Outdoors have significant financial resources and are committed to growth through strategic resources and investment. Huish Outdoor brands in the dive industry include Atomic Aquatics, BARE, Stahlsac, Zeagle and now, Liquivision.
For inquiries about information contained in this release or Huish Outdoors contact:

Peter Falk. VP Marketing
E:
T:

I wonder if Huish has any interest in regaining the technical and rebreather market. Since the X-Link was killed with no plans to bring in anything new and the X1 has remained stagnant while development efforst went toward Xeo, Xen, etc. Shearwater has taken virtual control of that market, with some small competitors fighting for a tiny piece of the pie. I would love to hear from Huish what their intentions are. I had not heard a word of this acquisition, even though I did stop briefly at the Liquivision booth last weekend.

Saves Atomic from trying to figure out how to make a wrist mount "Cobalt" dive computer. Just have the boys from up north do it.

Has Huish integrated and or introduced anything revolutionary or for that matter really new with any of the brands they've purchased?

Past action are a good future predictor.

Out of curiosity what is your relationship to Huish? Your profile has no information and from your posts it looks like you may have some type of relationship. Cheers.

Hopefully the new owners address the customer service issues. Real or just perceived, I recently spent some time comparing liquidvision and shearwater computers. Every single person (must have been at least 10) I talked to told me that they would stay away from liquidvision due to customer service issues. Honestly I don't know what the issues were, but so many different people told me the same thing that I listened... and so I bought two petrel.

Liquidvision has a customer service perception problem going on in cave country, and the Tampa Bay area for sure.

Hopefully the new owners address the customer service issues. Real or just perceived, I recently spent some time comparing liquidvision and shearwater computers. Every single person (must have been at least 10) I talked to told me that they would stay away from liquidvision due to customer service issues. Honestly I don't know what the issues were, but so many different people told me the same thing that I listened... and so I bought two petrel.

Liquidvision has a customer service perception problem going on in cave country, and the Tampa Bay area for sure.

well, now you have heard from 11 people regarding Liquivision customer service, and I have never had anything but positive experiences. Most recently was the battery issue in the Xen that turned out to be people using the wrong charger for their batteries and having them catch fire, explode, or some bad thing. Even after this was discovered to be the cause, Liquivision still upgraded my batteries for free, and rather quickly to boot.

Out of curiosity what is your relationship to Huish? Your profile has no information and from your posts it looks like you may have some type of relationship. Cheers.

Absolutely no relationship. I am not part of the dive industry and am a recreational diver *who has not filled out his profile :wink:*

Are Huish trying to take on Aqualung in the acquisition race.

Whatever they're trying to do they've decided to get into scuba with both feet.

I'd feel nervous if I were a primary manufacturer being taken over by this company. They're small, they came out of nowhere just a couple of years ago and as far as I know their management expertise is pretty much limited to making t-shirts.

BCD's I can see.

Travel bags I can see.

Even drysuits (although I mourn the loss of BARE) i can kind of understand. All of these items are "low tech" and could potentially complement a cut-and-sew apparel company that wants to expand in new ways.

But computers.... well. That's a whole different bolt of cloth.

I sure hope they know what they're doing because Liquivision had some good products. It would be crying shame if they broke that.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom