Air integrated computer with lifetime warranty?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

'Life support equipment', So how would this work, it fails, you go OOA and fail to surface, since you are no long alive the 'lifetime' has expired and the warranty is no longer in force?

Lifetime warranty on a computer? A diving computer? Whose life? I'd guess you'd find it right next to the Gateway desktop running Windows 98 at Best Buy that came with one.

Although if any computer is going to last a long time, enjoy support for many years, get upgrades at no cost, and grow with you as a diver then the obvious choice is Shearwater.

No air integration. But then AI is not necessary anyway.

I'm sure there is. Any piece of crap from a new company. Remember that a lifetime warranty usually refers to the manufacturer's lifetime, not yours. Many places offering lifetime warranties fold up shop as soon as they get your money.

Might I inquire as to what you're doing to your equipment that you're worried about a lifetime warranty?

Most divers I know assume that everything they take into the water will eventually break and require repair and/or replacement.

The more sophisticated the piece of equipment, the more likely it is to break, in my experience.

I am not aware of any scuba gear that has a lifetime warranty.

I can actually only think of one thing that I own that has a lifetime warranty: our luggage.

Everything is subject to wear and obsolescence. A lifetime warranty makes no sense in most cases.

Now there is lots of scuba gear that has proven to have a long lifetime, including dive computers. All of my dive computers are approaching 20 years old and still fully functional. Uwatec aladins. Easily obtained via eBay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom