MK17 - Gas integration AND HP guages?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scoufr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Dear All,

I'm sure this may be a silly question to many.... but here goes:

I have a SP MK17 with an existing consol (bar & depth). I'm now looking at buying the Galileo SOL or LUNA.

Can I attach the transmitter to the HP port on the MK17, whilst also keeping my existing consol? Is there space on the MK17 (HP?).

Seems silly to throw away the mechanical bar guage, would rather keep it as a backup to have both the transmitter AND the existing pressure gauge.

Many thanks for your time and advise!

R

that's easy to look if you have 2 hp ports.
they're libelled and have a different diameter

I dive a transmitter for my Oceanic VT3 and a SPG off my SP MK25. Works perfectly.

Its got 2 HP ports, so go straight ahead.

thank you so much for the quick replies! indeed, it has 2 hp. seems awfully tight but i suppose that's fine as both the Galileo and the mk17 are scubapro.... so one has to assume there's space.

So now I just gotta figure out whether to buy the Galileo LUNA or the SOL. Seems little difference...

many thanks!

It does not matter who the manufacturer is, all the ports - both low and high pressure are a standardized thread and the transmitters are all about the same size and configuration. The ports on the first stage should be far enough apart to accommodate the hose end nut for the SPG and the transmitter. I put my transmitters on a short 6" hose to allow it to get from behind my head and not have the transmitter used as a "lift" handle by someone who might wish to fondle my gear. There is a difference between the Luna and Sol depending on the features who might have to pay for in the future to expand the computers capability. My Sol has never had a transmission drop, so I just have button gauges on the first stages to get rid of the hose. That is the point after all - to get rid of hoses.

There is a difference between the Luna and Sol depending on the features who might have to pay for in the future to expand the computers capability.

Thank you. Yes, I believe that SOL comes with heart monitor and has trimix already and future upgrades are free, whereas LUNA doesn't have neither: but they can be purchased if needed?

I never see myself diving with other than standard 21% air or nitrox though, so would I miss something you think?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom