OLED AI Dive compter opinions...or options that fit the need =)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi all,

I know many will say AI is rubbish and unneeded. I've been using wireless with the Atom 2.0 for 3+ years and love it....with the exception of the tiny display which I thought at the time I would love.

Being a photo bug, I prefer to keep my eyes on what's going on around me and I've begun strapping the computer to my housing so that I can glance at it as the dive progresses. My frustrations have been looking at the tiny screen and trying to see anything at night without having to hit a button.

It seems as though the new Aeris, Mares Icon and some others fit the bill....

So with that preface....do any of you have suggestions or personal experience that might help me?

All advice is appreciated, as are insights that haven't crossed my mind.

Thanks much all,

Jeff

Mares Icon reputation is not that flash particularly in regards to battery life although am unsure if that has since been addressed. Do a search on the new Aeris there is a long thread with people reporting numerous bugs.

Back
Top Bottom