uwatec galileo sol

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had one for years and absolutely love it. As an instructor for a different dive shop than when I bought the Galileo, I've bought 2 other computers and neither measure up but it is what the shop sells.

Thank you, is it more on the conservative side? do you use the transmitter that comes with it? How is the computer interface?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While there's nothing wrong with it as a DC -- 10-15 years ago its technology would have been cutting-edge -- there's also nothing special about it. If you're going to get one, consider just how much it'll cost and compare it to what you could buy with or close to that same amount of money from a company like Liquivision, Mares, Shearwater, or Atomic. If you can get one for $500 or less, maybe it's a nice balance between something like a Petrel or a Xeo and something like a DG03.

I've had one as well and it's still one of the best AI wrist computers. There is a new one, the Aeris A300 CS OLED that may be better because of the display but it does not have the track record of the Galileo. Still if I were in the market for an AI computer I'd look at the Aeris.

Which one do you have bumcikaz, Aeris or Sol?

---------- Post added July 26th, 2014 at 07:17 AM ----------

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I will keep seeking alternatives.

I was diving a Sol until a couple of months ago. GREAT computer. Air integration and heart monitor gives you lots of data about your dive. It is easy to use, very configurable and it was error free for me.
I switched to a Shearwater Petrel only because at the age of 56, I found that I could no longer clearly see the Sol's display in low viz dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom