Oceanic VT3 help please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compressor

ScubaBoard Supporter
Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi:
I got myself a Oceanic VT3 because it allows monitoring of multiple tank pressures. I've attached my 3 oceanic transmitters to each of my 3 first stages and put the transmitter codes into the VT3. Is there anyway to activate selectively which transmitter my VT3 should read? That way if I dive with regulator set 1, the transmitter will tell my VT3 what the tank pressure is; same thing with set 2 or 3.

Thank you for your help.

The computer will allow you to check the tank pressures of the other two transmitters for a few seconds and then revert back to Tank 1/Transmitter 1.

You can't select Tank 2/Transmitter2/Buddy1 and have it stayed there permanently, then go to the Tank3/Transmitter3/Buddy2 and do the same.

What you can do is program the computer which Tank#/Transmitter# is to be the primary one, but you can't be switching all of that underwater.

FnFalman: Thank you so much for your post. The manual is difficult to follow. Can you tell me or tell me where in the manual we can tell the computer to pic the primary transmitter? I hope I don't have to move the transmitter codes from SET 1 to SET 2 or 3 and vice versa. If I can pic the transmitter I want to be primary, my goal will be achieved 100%!!

Also I bought the computer from a fellow scubaboard member. The manual needs a password? Do you happen to know that?

I don't have my manual handy either. I just went online and searched for Aeris Elite T3 manual. No password needed.

As i understand, the primary is usually programmed in from the factory with the accompanied transmitter, but you can enter the new transmitter serial number into the secondary and third spots. Or even the primary spot. For instance if you were to have to get a replacement transmitter if the primary one were to die or damaged/lost.

search for VT3 manual and go to page 50. It's going to be a big pain entering all those sets of serial numbers.

Thanks again for your follow up. I have my 3 tramsmitters programmed into the computer already. Is #1 always the primary where the computer gets input from? Is there anyway for me to select which transmitter I want to be active and turn the other ones off?
Thanks

Thanks DDMATOS: I have not get to page 104 but I read it now.
Thanks for the online class link.

Thanks

Thanks DDMATOS: I have not get to page 104 but I read it now.
Thanks for the online class link.

Thanks

Don't forget to set your computer to Self instead of Buddy. That way when you do the gas switch, the transmitter display will go from TMT1 to 2 or 3 and stays there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom