Dacor Sportster Dive Computer Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ElectroPulse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Wow... That'll teach me to search on this site next time... Search Google for a while, and nothing. Search on here, and within a result or two found a manual. In the process of reading it right now.

The question still stands: Is this a good buy?

Hello, all!

I've been getting into Freediving over the past year, and have wanted to get a dive computer or depth gauge in order to determine my depth. I had been thinking about just getting a cheap $20 antique depth gauge on ebay, but ran across something yesterday in a surf/dive shop.

There was a (assumedly used) Dacor Sportster, with a dead battery for $50 (looked exactly like this one (http://www.epinions.com/otdr-Diving-Computers-All-Dacor_Sportster_Wrist_Mount_3090_00?sb=1). I looked it up online, and have been unable to find much info about it (such as what kind of battery it uses).

What information can you tell me about this? The manufacturer closed down, so their website is not up, along with their manuals.

Thanks!
ElectroPulse

20 year old computer from a company that went out of business in 2005? Hope it works when you change the battery. Is the o-ring size listed in the manual also - you won't be able to find a Dacor parts kit either. Some of those early LCD's were pretty hard to read also.

For $72 you can get a new depth gauge. depth gauge - Search Results for depth gauge - LeisurePro

Another option is to find either a used newer computer or a depth gauge in a console - most of them pop-out pretty easily. And there are $20 bungie wrist mounts or wrist boots on watch straps available for some of them.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom