Aeris T3 Elite salt/fresh question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fish in a Barrel

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've had an Aeris T3 Elite for a while now, but I can't find anything in the settings or the manual about switching between salt or fresh water. I see a couple of options: either I'm really blind, the computer determines it automatically (voltage difference across the "wet" sensor?) or they just decided that ±3% is close enough for the depth readout. Anyone know which answer is right?

I don't know for that specific model, but as a general response: computers calculate based on pressure- whether you are diving in salt water, fresh water, or some other fluid, like liquid mercury, is immaterial. These corrections only have to do with the “measuring tape” depth being accurate, the pressure is still the presuure. Therefore many computers don’t bother with this setting.

Ron

Cool. That's what I figured. I couldn't think of anything other than the depth readout that would be affected, and that's not critical. I figured I should probably ask, though, in case I was overlooking something.

I never gave it any thought with my t3. Perhaps they are parogrammed to run at a mid setting between salt and fresh like the euro's. That would make the error 1.5% on both fresh and salt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom