Does TU need to have pressure for WU to activate? - GEMINI PLUS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jg101

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I have an old Gemini Plus dive computer (probably 10 years old), and I'm trying to get it set up and working. I have only used this computer once a couple of years ago and it worked fine.
I put new batteries in the WU and the TU, but the WU display will not kick on. The backlight comes on when I tap it, but no display.
Does the TU need to be hooked up to a cylinder with pressure for the WU to even turn on?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

You can turn on the tank unit with your wet fingers, also if you didn't use the computer in a long time, it may require a reset. The process is in the latish or so pages on the manual.
You can download it from divecochran.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi crls,
Thanks for the response. I was able to turn on the TU with my fingers and it beeped once, but still when I try to turn on the WU, the backlight only still came on with no display. I also followed the manuals reset with the batteries and that did not seem to help either. Any other suggestions, should I rent a cylinder to see if that will help kick it on?
Thanks again

Did you reset both?

---------- Post added September 7th, 2014 at 12:54 PM ----------

PM with your serial number and will put you in contact with customer service

---------- Post added September 7th, 2014 at 12:57 PM ----------

Also remember that these dive computer must be store with good battery inside

just tried also resetting the TU, no luck still, backlight only.

Email sent

Thank you. And to confirm, it was stored for a little over 1 year without a battery in either devices.

Did you solve the issue?

Unfortunately I did not get this solved. I had also contacted Cochran support directly, and they sent me a short and sweet email that they do not offer support for the 'Antique' that I have.
Not even any tips to try, or anything, they only said to buy a new one. Pretty bad customer support in my books. I did though take their suggestion, but did not go with a Cochran product.
Thank you for your previous help on the matter.

Just for curiosity what did you get? Air integrate it? Brand?

Back
Top Bottom