Connecting Suunto Cobra - 1st time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lopez116

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi All,

This is the first time I've had the need to disconnect anything from my first stage, so I wanted a little input first.

I want to swap out my current SPG with a suunto cobra. Is it as simple as using a wrench to detach the SPG from the first stage and then screwing in the Suunto into the same port?

Anything I need to be aware of?

Thanks,

Yes. Are you disconnecting at the 1st stage or from the gauge end of the hose? Be aware of the tiny oring as you dont want to damage it. Apply a very thin layer of tribolube to the oring before screwing it together. B.

At the first stage

If at the first stage just use an open ended wrench (or adjustable wrench) on the hose swag fitting. Now given that the hose has probably not been removed in a long time make sure the wrench is snug and not close to the first stage. The "nut" fitting may give suddenly and push the wrench into the first stage thus marring it.

Note: if you remove the hose from the SPG LB's post above applies. And you will need two wrenches - one on the hose and the other on the SPG.

Thank you. This is what I was looking for!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom