Question on Suunto Cobra (original) dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hedgehog47

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok So I got an unbeleiveable deal on this bad boy pre owned. I purchased it and a diverite BC for $35 total. Yes $35 ! Anyway the BC was in perfect shape and the computer didn't power on. I purchased a new battery and it's working perfectly now. HOWEVER the only downside is it didn't come with a hose (no idea why) I do know some of those hoses got recalled so maybe it blew up or was trashed beforehand and forgotten about.

Anyway my question is, can a hose be threaded directly into this computer ?

The "quick disconnect" fitting kit is $90 + the cost of a hose. I don't really need the convienience of taking it on and off quickly.

thanks for any help !

You can attach a HP hose directly the computer. You need the HP hose and a spool. That said the quick disconnect is really nice to have - especially when traveling. (Shameless plug) If you are interested in one send me a message as I have an extra that is not being used and is up for sale. I'll even toss in a spiffy Suunto cover for the computer.

Regarding the battery change, while probably okay to change just the battery, given the age and previous usage it might be worth getting the full battery kit and replacing everything (mostly the o-ring though).

I did get a new battery kit, and I did change the battery O - ring, even though the one in there looked brand new.

I agree. You have two choices, connect the computer to a HP hose or get a quick disconnect hose. Lot easier to carry just the computer into the house to download the dives than the whole regulator. Just my thoughts. A local dive shop should have the hose if they sell SUUNTO

I won't be downloading any dives onto my computer, this is a backup computer connected to a backup regulator, I have the cobalt I use primarily. The q/d is $90

---------- Post added September 22nd, 2014 at 08:33 PM ----------

can anyone provide a link to a that that isn't too big, and will fit inside of that housing

Back
Top Bottom