Hollis DG03 help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skyflyer

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey guys, I just purchased a Hollis DG03 and am having a heck of a time figuring it out, in spite of going through the manual. I can select Gauge mode (mode of choice), Norm and Free, but I can't get "into it" in any sort of a logical and repeatable way. Does anyone have a lead on a video course or YouTube clip on this computer? I've looked at
DiveComputerTraining.com and YouTube and have had no hits. The manual is atrociously written and I'm sure there is a better way to learn this computer. I tend to learn best with visual animated learning rather than dry text.

If anyone has a few minutes, I especially need to learn how to set the date/time, how to pre-plan and set up an air and nitrox dive and how to download my dive. I got my computer from Dive Gear Express and and I actually like it in form, size and display imagery. I just need to learn how to use the derned thing. I am used to digging into and learning from very technical aviation manuals, but this one must have been written by someone who lives on another planet.

Thanks...Scott

Ha! I went through the same "hair pulling" you are. I actually spent an evening figuring out how to navigate through all the menus. I wrote it all down... now just to find that piece of paper and I'll share my "revised" user manual.

---------- Post added September 22nd, 2014 at 11:23 PM ----------

This should do it, as it's the same computer... the button sequences are spot on.

http://www.diveaeris.com/media/wysiwyg/AE/manuals/12-7201-r01.pdf

lemke,

I did a little research and discovered the Aeris Elite T3 is the same computer, so the manual for the T3 should work for the DG03. I had some success setting the correct time so I'll once again start at the beginning and work through it. The hard part is that after reading how to set the time, I doubt I'd remember without referring to the T3 manual again. Veeeery unintuitive, but powerful computer. Now if I can just tap into THE POWER!!!

That's funny Skyflyer... I was typing up my "manual" when I thought the same thing... and the Oceanic VT3 is the same (except for some differences in the display). So I just sent you a link to the Aeris T3... which is waaaay better written for whatever reason. The DG03 is not as intuitive to use, but it does have a lot of settings to take advantage of. Good luck!

I found doing the initial setup easier using the software & usb connection. The software is very buggy when used for dive logging (I use Subsurface), but it works O.K. for the inital setup. You will still need to learn to use the buttons for nitrox setup etc.. Most of the setup functions begin with simultaneously pressing the front right button and the side button for 2 seconds to toggle to the setup group you want to adjust. A common example is setting your nitrox setup. One simultaneous press and hold will take you to function group F. Then press the front right button to toggle through the gas settings using the side button to adjust the setting. It sounds more complicated than it is. You'll get the hang of it. If you press and hold the left front button at any point, it will take you back to the surface interval/dive display and you can start over. Again I recommend using the software for the initial setup. It will save alot of wear and tear on the buttons and your psyche. Good luck. :)

You guys are geniuses! Great advice! Now I gotta go spend a bill for the cable. Wonder if the Aeris cable works for the Hollis DG03. It's $10 cheaper!

I never downloaded squat from my Aeris Elite T3, and I think that I set up the time and date once. Anyway, like others already said, simultaneously push the side button and the top button on the right until the display says "SET F". then you can use the side button and the top right button to set up your Nitrox percentage. HOWEVER, your MOD setup is not in "SET F" but elsewhere, which I don't remember top of my head.

These old style dive computers are not very user friendly at all.

can anyone help me, I was able to program three gas mixes, but I'm not able to set it to #2 or #3

also how do you link it with the transmitter

---------- Post added January 23rd, 2015 at 07:14 PM ----------

ok I'm under the impression that before you dive, you have to set the gas you are going to use as "gas mix1"... so if you go from air to nitrox on different dives, you have to make the air you are using AIR 1 you can't switch form AIR 1 on the first dive to AIR 2 on the second, is this correct or am I missing something

You can switch to any of the gases you pre-entered at any time during any dive. I believe, however, that you have to be a few feet down before you can make it switch. AFAIK there is no way to practice a switch on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom