Mares Nemo Sport How to clean history

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zeagle Eagle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
MARES NEMO SPORT DIVE COMPUTER

Does anyone know how to clean/delete the dive history? I have read the manual until I am hypoxic to no avail. The manual says when you get to the history delete page hold button C and D for 5 seconds. The trouble there is no mention of how to get it to that page. Any suggestions that doesn't involve a hammer will be appreciated.

I have Mares Puck. I have been told by Mares that I cannot delete history as dives my still be used for repetitive diving. If they allowed delete they would have to be smart on what could be deleted or locking the computer for 24hours just in case.

I ended up no seeing real reason to delete (just tidying up), the computer deleted older dives as space is needed.

Sorry this does not solve your need but helps understand why they may not allow deleting.

Most dive computers have a set number of dives that they will keep in their history before they delete the oldest log and this can not be done until the computer reches that number. Computers will also keep track of how many dives (not indepth data just dive number) that you haave performed along with the total number of hours. I am more familiar with suunot and after 999 dives they will reset to 0 but you can still see how many accumulated dive hours you have.

Maybe you're not holding it long enough:

Mares Nemo Sport

Thanks for taking the time to try and help. I appreciate it. That procedure just resets (reboots) the computer. It doesn't clear the history. The manual says there is a 'history delete' page. Once you get to that page then you can use the C and D buttons. My question is How do I find the "history delete page"?

MARES NEMO SPORT DIVE COMPUTER

Does anyone know how to clean/delete the dive history? I have read the manual until I am hypoxic to no avail. The manual says when you get to the history delete page hold button C and D for 5 seconds. The trouble there is no mention of how to get it to that page. Any suggestions that doesn't involve a hammer will be appreciated.
Why are you worried about the history?

If the prior dives have cleared all deco and no fly and desaturation obligations, then relax. Who cares? The computer holds no grudges.

If you are OCD and need a clean slate, then buy a new computer. Otherwise, relax and enjoy diving.

I regularly dive with a computer whose previous dive(s) violated all the deco rules. That is the computer that I use to test camera housings in a pressure chamber. They have some very ugly dive profiles.

I am going to sell it and I am sure the new owner would like a clean slate.

I have bought secondhand computers - never bothered to look at the previous dives. It has no impact other than when I want to upload my dives, but them my dives are at the top of the list. Even a new Mares has logged dives, they do testing on every computer and log at least two dives.

Thanks TBAR; but , I would still like to be able to delete the history. I may give it to one of my kids and I would like to start with a clean slate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom