Tusa Talis Computer vs. Oceanic Geo 2.0 vs. Suunto D4I

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laval

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone,

Could you please share your experience with TUSA dive computers?

I am looking to buy a TUSA Talis IQ1201, which is reasonably priced in Canada (~$450), features a user-replaceable battery and is Japanese made (I hope it is an indication of good quality). Other options that I consider are Oceanic Geo 2.0 and Suunto D4I.

I am a recreational diver in my second year of diving experience.

Thank you all in advance.

The Oceanic Geo2 is widely available for $300, 390 with download cable. Dual algorithm for DSAT and PZ+ (Buhlmann ZH-L 16C). Good computer at a good price. I dive the Geo2 and a SPG as backup for my AI VT3

I just bought my first PDC. I didn't research the specific Tusa you mentioned, though I did look at the Tusa Zen Air. I spent more time researching the algorithms the various manufacturers use.

I went with an Oceanic computer because of the algorithm the Oceanic and Aeris brand computers offer. From the data I found, their less conservative algorithm (of the 2 they offer) seems to be generally (though not always in all specific cases) the least conservative of all the various manufacturers I looked at (with Sherwood seeming to be the same and most others being some degree more conservative).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom