Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oceanic "Veo 200"???

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Question Oceanic "Veo 200"???

Can anyone tell me anything about the Oceanic "Veo 200" Air/Nitrox Dive Computer Triple Navcon Console? I'm thinking seriously about purchasing one and was wanting to get a little info on them by someone who owns or has used one. Thanks...
    Take Care and Dive Safe...
    Xtreme

mjh
    Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    5,000 - ∞
    Photos
    We have the base VEO as a backup computer and I carry it when solo diving. It has worked great, is easy to use and easy to read.

Registered

Happy Bubbles fill my Mind

Dives
    1,000 - 2,499
    We just bought the Versa Pro, which is very similar to the Veo......Versa just had an easier to read display I thought.

Works great and easy to read underwater.

"dive" them both at Oceanics main website.....great simulations there.
    Diver Dave - PADI Dive Instructor .
    Oly SP-350, Ikelite housing, DS-125. ULCS arms, Inon 105 Wide Angle, 165 fish eye, & Double stacked Macro AD lens.
    GoPro2/GoPro3 Black Video, Backscatter flat port, Fantasea Red Filter, SRP Filters/Macros, Dual L&M Sola 600 lighting.
    Fiji (3x), New Zealand (2x), Belize (2x), Cozumel (2x), Hawaii (4x), Roatan (3x), Florida, Costa Rica, Bonaire, Cenotes, Philippines.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme
    Can anyone tell me anything about the Oceanic "Veo 200" Air/Nitrox Dive Computer Triple Navcon Console? I'm thinking seriously about purchasing one and was wanting to get a little info on them by someone who owns or has used one. Thanks...
    You might want to check out the tables implemented inside the computer and take that into concideration. Some computers are "agressive" and give you more bottom time than other "conservative" computers do. The Oceanic, I think is on the "agressive" side which may or may not suityou based on if you have any of the DCS risk factors.
    Age, weight, physical condition...

But I don't know how to check out those internal tables. In the store all you can look at is the bottom time for a non-repetive dive. You can't see any credit it might give you for a slow acent or what it woud do for a 4rth dive of the day.

Scuba Instructor

Has not set a "status"

If you go to www.oceanicworldwide.com it is very informative. as for it being aggressive, I disagree. It uses the modified haldanean/DSAT data base. We have sold several of these set ups to many different types of customers and will continue to do so. In my opinion it is one of the best dive computers on the market for a strictly recreational or nitrox diver.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Thanks for all of the info...
    Take Care and Dive Safe...
    Xtreme

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I finally purchased the veo 200 after getting into diving about 15 years ago. This computer is very easy to use with the whole array of lights and buzzers. It is very easy to see with the large numbers and does not take a lot of time to learn all of its functions. I primarily do lake diving in Canada where the temps are around 46 degrees. The computer performs quite well and has given me no problems. The only thing that it has helped me to really improve on is that it has really slowed down my ascent rates. It is quite easy to violate the ascent rate. As far as being an aggressive computer you can set alarms in for nitrogen loading to alarm sooner so as to be more conservative. Hope this helps. I would definitely buy this computer again.

J75
    Registered

Has not set a "status"

I use the VEO 200 Triple Navcon Console, and use a wrist-mounted 200 as a backup and love them both. I find the tables to be on the conservative side. The computer is very easy to read, is backlight, has a user-changable battery and is very easy to switch your gas percentages when using Nitrox. I'd highly recommend it.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

I dive a VEO-250 and like its simplicity and especially the "quick release". It is more aggressive than say a Suunto Viper being that I dive side by side with one who uses one. Only real complaint is you cannot even lift the console more than a foot quickly without getting an ascent-rate alarm.
    Superior Wreckreation/www.superiordivers.com

Registered

hasn't set a status.

Dives
    200 - 499
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtreme
    Lots of comments here, but is there anything in particular you want to know? For what it's worth, I second the comments here. I like mine and it is easy to trigger the ascent rate warning just moving around at 60', but all it does in beep.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast