Aladin battery power, how far can I go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stijn

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hello Everybody

I have an Uwatec Aladin Z Nitrox divecomputer with transmitter. My battery power is down to 53%. Is it true that they will quit working at around 50%? My audible alarm is gone as well, is this a result from the decreasing battery power? I will soon go back to civilisation after working a long time on a small island and I was wondering if it was a good idea to change my battery while I have the chance before I come back to my robinson crusoe island.

Can I change the battery myself or do I have to send it to a Uwatec dealer?

:chicken:

I don't know if this will help you but I have the Uwatec Pro Ultra and after reading the thread it made me curious to look at the recommended change. to my surprise it states that when the battery shows 0%. Of course then it continues to say it must be taken to an authorized dealer since it must be sent to the manufacturer for change.
Personally I won't let mine go down that low before I send it in but maybe just under 10% would certainly not present a problem.
When I recieved my computer it showed 96% and now after 20 dives in a 4 month period I'm down to 94% so I guess it will be a while for me before I even begin to consider battery replacement.

Hope this helps,
Juan

Stijn:
Hello Everybody

I have an Uwatec Aladin Z Nitrox divecomputer with transmitter. My battery power is down to 53%. Is it true that they will quit working at around 50%? My audible alarm is gone as well, is this a result from the decreasing battery power? I will soon go back to civilisation after working a long time on a small island and I was wondering if it was a good idea to change my battery while I have the chance before I come back to my robinson crusoe island.

You can't change it yourself. It should work below 10%. Your alarms should be working. When you send it in for repowering they will perfom a bunch of tests and replace anything that isn't right. This is all done at no charge to you if the unit was purchased from an authorized Scubapro dealer and was registered. If not its about $500.00.

Hi,
My Aladin Air + recently stopped working and now only shows 'Err' and a moutain symbol flickers on and off. Just before it stopped working it showed that it still had 40% batter still left.
Has anyone else go any ideas? - Has this happened to anyone else?
Cheers
Bri

bpinkney:
Hi,
My Aladin Air + recently stopped working and now only shows 'Err' and a moutain symbol flickers on and off. Just before it stopped working it showed that it still had 40% batter still left.
Cheers
Bri

Mine is now down to 35 but still working. But all audible alarms have stopped working. I'm just hoping it will last for another200 dives untill I can fix it

I have had the earlier Aladin Pro for about four years and 1,000 dives now and its battery just dipped below 50%. I was told it would work down to 0%. Of course by that time I'll probably have a new computer anyway.

Dr. Bill

Stijn:
Hello Everybody

According to the documentation the computer should work until the battery indicator reaches the 0 mark and you can't change the battery, you have to send it to Uwatec.

Paolo

bpinkney:
Hi,
Cheers
Bri

The same thing happened to a guy I dived with in the Channel Islands. His just stopped working and read "err". I have the Aladin 02 and the manuel says that if you radically exceed its programmed safe dive parameters that it will stop working for 24hrs. We thought that might be the case with his, but it didn't work for the rest of the weekend.

I think you will need to send it in to be checked out.

DareDevil:
According to the documentation the computer should work until the battery indicator reaches the 0 mark and you can't change the battery, you have to send it to Uwatec.

Paolo

Well, if you have background in electronic, know how to soldering very well (note: VERY WELL), you should be able to change it yourself, provided that you can find the replacement battery.

Before anyone else shouting at me about the risk, etc,etc, a friend of mine has successfully replace his Aladin battery. :wink:

Benny

DeepTrip:
Well, if you have background in electronic, know how to soldering very well (note: VERY WELL), you should be able to change it yourself, provided that you can find the replacement battery.

Before anyone else shouting at me about the risk, etc,etc, a friend of mine has successfully replace his Aladin battery. :wink:

Benny

Was he able to refill it completely with oil?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom