Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.

Thread: Suunto Companion

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Suunto Companion

Hello Scubaboard,

I am very new to this web site. I have a 1993 Suunto Companion dive computer. Been searching the internet for servicing (changing the battery). Found one place in the Chicago area. Going to Mexico the end of July to dive the cenatos.

Does anyone have the address or an operation that services the Companion? I would like to get the battery changed as soon as possible.

I really like this site. One of my AOW and Rescue students told me about it. Thanks rkr3000.

Tony

Registered

Not getting wet near enough

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Have you checked a local dive shop that sells Aqualung/SeaQuest equipment? It would be easier than sending it away anywhere.

That said, have you checked your manual? I know the Favor has a user changeable battery, as does the Vyper. The Companion may be the same.

Marc
    Sometime I lie awake at night and wonder "Where have I gone wrong?" Then a little voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night." ~ Charles M. Schulz

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos

Not User Changable

I had a Companion for years before upgrading. The battery is not user replacable. As was stated by FLL Diver any Suunto dealer can replace that battery. Check out www.suunto.com for dealers in your area.
    "I must go down to the sea again!"

Single Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Correct. Any LDS that deals with Suunto can replace the battery. Start looking now as they may not have the Companion battery in stock.

Paula