Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a new Dive computer and need some help

Solo Diver

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos

Looking to buy a new Dive computer and need some help

I am looking to buy a new dive computer. I have an IDI Bravo 1 know and would like to upgrade. I want one that has the tank pressure in the PC and must be a console kind. I was looking at the DACOR DARWIN AIR/NITROX INTEGRATED COMPUTER, and the AERIS ATMOS AI AIR/NITROX DIVE COMPUTER. I would like it to be liberal not conservative on the dive tables. It must have a back light and compass. If you have any other ones that I should look at please feel free to reply. I an also looking for pro's and con's on these two list above and on what ever you may suggest.

Thanks,
    Matt

Remember, a bad of diving is always better than a good day at work. As long as no one gets hurt while diving.
    I dive for fun as much as I can. I only dive for work when I have to.

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Aeris has a trade in program for that old Bravo

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    Photos
    Can't speak about the models you listed but, IMHO you can't do any better than the a Suunto Vytec AI computer matched up with a Suunto SK7 compass.
    "A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Quote Originally Posted by Fire_medic_RescueDiver
    I am looking to buy a new dive computer. I have an IDI Bravo 1 know and would like to upgrade. I want one that has the tank pressure in the PC and must be a console kind. I was looking at the DACOR DARWIN AIR/NITROX INTEGRATED COMPUTER, and the AERIS ATMOS AI AIR/NITROX DIVE COMPUTER. I would like it to be liberal not conservative on the dive tables. It must have a back light and compass. If you have any other ones that I should look at please feel free to reply. I an also looking for pro's and con's on these two list above and on what ever you may suggest.

Thanks,
    Matt

Remember, a bad of diving is always better than a good day at work. As long as no one gets hurt while diving.
    I have the Aeris and love it.
    "All that is required for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
    -- Edmund Burke

Registered

Has not set a "status"

IDI Bravo one

Hi Matt, quick question for you. Do you know approx how old the bravo one model is? I'm testing out some used scuba gear to buy which includes the IDI Bravo One but was curious to find out about when that model first came out so I can price it accordingly. It looks like an older model so I don't want the guy to overcharge me. I think he wants to sell it for $250. I looked up the company online and they actually don't exist anymore. It was taken over by XS Scuba. Did you ever upgrade to the Aeris AI? One of the divers that I dove the Cenotes with had an Aeris AI and he absolutely loved it. He showed me some of the features and it looked like a really great model. Expensive but very nice.
    Thanks!

Chairman of the Board

is dreamin about diving.

Photos
    Aeris and Oceanic have my vote.
    Solo otro día en el paraíso!

My DEMA Blog: 2014
    NetDoc's Snobbish Amounts of Trim Class
    Pete "NetDoc " Murray

Master Instructor

Has not set a "status"

if youre thinking about a vytek - go the extra 100 bucks and get yourself a vr-3! upgradeable by software and halfway future proofen. if you insist on the wireless transmitter look also into cochran and scubapro. while i think suunto are reliable computer, they just bug me as overly restrictive and with an eye on poss. entry level tech diving useless.
    if you just want a conservative, reliable rec computer with all bells and whistles its possibly a good choice. once again, look into sp, aeris and some other stuff for the best "bang for the buck".
    this days there are 100th of good computers out there, the problem is to narrow down what your diving requires now or in the near future to find the best deal for you.
    several companies offer trade in programs this days - something to consider, but carefully. its not worth "throwing away" a decent computer for a 100 or 200 dollar discount.
    evaluate your diving now and your plans in the near future and buy accordingly. divecomputers this days evolve nearly as fast as your computer at home, so take it easy on big spending.
    another one to think about - many computers this days are on the rgbm based model - it seems fine with rec diving but causing serious issues in tech diving. if you intend to do that, stay away / find one where you can turn of the rgbm mode.
    www.divepro-info.com

Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows.

ScubaBoard Veteran

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    None - Not Certified
    Photos
    He said he wanted a liberal computer. The Suunto computers do not normally come to mind. And yes I know some of them can be modified to be a bit more liberal. Actually, I think all of them can, but that's a kludge.

Quote Originally Posted by Quarrior
    Can't speak about the models you listed but, IMHO you can't do any better than the a Suunto Vytec AI computer matched up with a Suunto SK7 compass.
    Gear questions answered Here

Why DIR? Because pushing rocks uphill gets old quickly.

Resistance is futile...

Photographer

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    Uwatec SmartCom would get my vote, if it has to be in a console. Or perhaps the Oceanic Plus2.

Why does it have to be in a console?

Registered

Is it dive o'clock yet?

Photos
    Oceanic all the way!
    Tamas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast