Aeris Atmos ai users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WVDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking to buy one of these and was ready to purchase. But after talking with a salesman at the dive shop I wasn't so sure.

He said the battery life is very bad and that you could only get 15 to 20 dives before the battery needed to be replaced.

His shop sales Aeris but they also sale Sunto. He recomedened the Sunto just for that reason. Now I'm not sure myself. So I thought I would go to the source and ask those of you who own these models for your experiences and first hand opinions.

Is this true?

Are there any other problems with this model I should know before I buy?

WVDiver:
I am looking to buy one of these and was ready to purchase. But after talking with a salesman at the dive shop I wasn't so sure.

He said the battery life is very bad and that you could only get 15 to 20 dives before the battery needed to be replaced.

His shop sales Aeris but they also sale Sunto. He recomedened the Sunto just for that reason. Now I'm not sure myself. So I thought I would go to the source and ask those of you who own these models for your experiences and first hand opinions.

Is this true?

Are there any other problems with this model I should know before I buy?
I have to agree with the battery life, it sucks.
http://www.scubaboard.com/t65984-not-happy-about-computer-problems.html

Gary D.

I've only had my ai for about 5 months but have close to 100 dives on it. The battery is still full strength. I haven't heard any complaints from the others that dive them from our shop. I also have a mosquito that I've had a bit longer and it's still full strength also. I haven't done many night dives so that might make a difference. Most of my dives are shallow training dives also which might make a bit of difference. Interesting though to know the comparison.

I have an AI that I purchased in December last year. I have 44 dives and probably 25 pool sessions on the original battery..........has worked perfectly, no battery issues, still shows full battery after all the above. BTW, 6 of the dives above are night dives.

I too have the Atmos ai and have had good battery life. I think it can be influenced by how much you use the backlighting however. I do have to admit that throughout the winter I was getting some low battery indications when the unit was very cold. It never let me down, but I did change the battery pehaps before it was really needed. Oh, well.
On the down side, I think Aeris's download software is pretty lame, but it gets the job done. On the upside, I had problems with 2 500 ai's and Aeris treated me very well.
Good Luck,
Dennis

mine is only 6 months old with training dives and computer downloading, no issues with battery life as yet.

BuoyantC:
On the down side, I think Aeris's download software is pretty lame, but it gets the job done. On the upside, I had problems with 2 500 ai's and Aeris treated me very well.
Good Luck,
Dennis

There is an update for the datebase on Aeris web site.

I have had no problems with the software once i got the usb driver load. I had an issue on a buddy's laptop with windows 98 but i think this new fix does the trick

I'd like to better report information, breathing rates etc in the software.

Thanks for the info on the downloader software update. One of my favorite things to do after the dive is download the computer.

i have the Atmos 2, and i am amazed at how long that battery has lasted. not sure
about the Atmos, sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom