Citizen Hyper Aqualand Memory

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cdiver2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
For those that don't know, the Hyper Aqualand will not down load to your computer more than six hours worth of information even though it holds twenty dives. IE six dives of one hour duration each, the seventh dive will stop you down loading dive #1. The log mode will still hold the basic information, date, max depth and time and thats all.
Just got back from Roatan and found this out I saw nothing about this in the instruction book I was under the impression you could down load all twenty dives

cdiver2:
For those that don't know, the Hyper Aqualand will not down load to your computer more than six hours worth of information even though it holds twenty dives. IE six dives of one hour duration each, the seventh dive will stop you down loading dive #1. The log mode will still hold the basic information, date, max depth and time and thats all.
Just got back from Roatan and found this out I saw nothing about this in the instruction book I was under the impression you could down load all twenty dives

I have the same watch but didn't know about this. Then again I have not had dive profiles like yours. Still like the watch though.

Taupiz:
I have the same watch but didn't know about this. Then again I have not had dive profiles like yours. Still like the watch though.

the watch but it is of no use if you go on a dive vacation unless you have a laptop to down load to within the six hours of accumulated information.
I did not know about it until this trip, I called a Citizen service center and thats what they told me.

cdiver2:
the watch but it is of no use if you go on a dive vacation unless you have a laptop to down load to within the six hours of accumulated information.
I did not know about it until this trip, I called a Citizen service center and thats what they told me.

It's good to know however, I will keep that in mind.

BTW do you know if version 2.1 is the most recent software?

agree on that limit. thats why i stopped logging/downloading the dives.

However the graph of the dives it is able to download are pretty neat. Shows you exactly the profile you are doing graphically

paolov:
agree on that limit. thats why i stopped logging/downloading the dives.

However the graph of the dives it is able to download are pretty neat. Shows you exactly the profile you are doing graphically

I also like the graph would come in useful with multiple dives and something went wrong, you have a very good record of your dives then.
I am mad that there is nothing in the instructions about only being able to down load 6hrs of information

I spoke with someone from Citizen this afternoon. I wanted to know which adapter I should purchase in order to download onto my laptop since it does not have a serial port. Her response was that Citizen is in the process of developing an adapter and that we should be able to down load ALL of the dives that are stored on the watch. I specificly asked whether we could download all, not just the last 6 hours. She estimated that this adapter would cost around $55 and be on the market by February. She sugggested that I contact the parts department around January. I took my laptop with me on our last dive trip and was not able to download because of the serial port.

lisa4516:
I spoke with someone from Citizen this afternoon. I wanted to know which adapter I should purchase in order to download onto my laptop since it does not have a serial port. Her response was that Citizen is in the process of developing an adapter and that we should be able to down load ALL of the dives that are stored on the watch. I specificly asked whether we could download all, not just the last 6 hours. She estimated that this adapter would cost around $55 and be on the market by February. She sugggested that I contact the parts department around January. I took my laptop with me on our last dive trip and was not able to download because of the serial port.

Are they going to give a trade in on the old docks? :wink:

lisa4516:

Lisa that's good news. Meanwhile, you can spend $20 on a serial to USB adapter so you can download your dives on your laptop.
Patrick

Back
Top Bottom