ATTN: Oceanic Atom users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
I just received my new Atom and started to play with the features and settings of the unit. I set-up the wireless transmitter and the computer to talk to it, but it seems that the little display icon is not present on the face when I look. The only way to check the tank pressure and the link status is to initiate the battery check, then it displays the battery level and tank pressure, but still no linked icon. In the manual it states that the icon should be visible - is that so? Does yours show it?
I have not taken it under water yet, but I want to make sure it works before I do. Or else she has to go back for replacement.

So please let me know how yours shows the PSI while in surface mode and if there are 'special' settings required to get it to show.

I have attached an image of the icon I am looking for, they are talking about in the manual (same as the alarm indicator)

Yes You Have To Hold Down The Top Right Botton To Get A Read On The Psi. I Can't Remember If You Can See That Icon At The Top But If You Get A Read On The Pis You Sould Be Fine. For It To Pick Up The Psi It Would Have To Have A Link.
If You Are Worried Hook Up A Mini Psi Gadge To Another Port On Your 1st Stage For The First Dive, For Back Up.

Well I did that, it is the battery check. The link icon doesn't show but when you do the test it registers a PSI reading.

The backup gauge is always present - thanks though!

I've had mone for about 20 dives, but have not used the AI feature, though I do have a transimtter from another unit.

I was happy to see that the software for the Atom is an upgrade from teh VT PRO, but a little dissappointed to see that the software does not seem to calculate the SAC if you enter the starting and ending values (yes, there is a place to enter the tank size).

Does any one else have experience with the SAC rate feature on this unit?

Tamas:
Well I did that, it is the battery check. The link icon doesn't show but when you do the test it registers a PSI reading.

The backup gauge is always present - thanks though!

YOU MUST BE LINKED UP WITH THE TRANSMITER OR YOU COULD NOT GET A PSI READING FROM THE BATTERY CHECK. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO CHECK PSI.

YOU WILL LOVE DIVING THE ATOM ATER YOU GET A COMFERT LEVEL WITH IT.

WHEN YOU ARE PUSHING THE LEMITS OF AIR, NIT OR O2 IT WILL AUTOMATICLY FLASH THE MUST IMPORTAIN.

Tamas:
I just received my new Atom and started to play with the features and settings of the unit. I set-up the wireless transmitter and the computer to talk to it, but it seems that the little display icon is not present on the face when I look. The only way to check the tank pressure and the link status is to initiate the battery check, then it displays the battery level and tank pressure, but still no linked icon. In the manual it states that the icon should be visible - is that so? Does yours show it?
I have not taken it under water yet, but I want to make sure it works before I do. Or else she has to go back for replacement.

So please let me know how yours shows the PSI while in surface mode and if there are 'special' settings required to get it to show.

I have attached an image of the icon I am looking for, they are talking about in the manual (same as the alarm indicator)

As far as I know that is how you check the link on the surface. If it shows tank pressure you have a link. I have sent back two Atoms after both failed to keep a link underwater. One worked for one dive and then lost link at 15 ft on the second dive. The second lost link on the first dive and would not link agian. I have a Vytec now.

Well I hope this one works better than my last 3 Oceanic's I had. Had to return them for various problems. My last VT PRO went nuts on me in 80ft of water, diving EAN32, with ATA set to 1.4 telling me to surface/rise since I have exceeded my limit?!

Had no problem with the link on that at all, worked great, but it also had a very nice tank pressure indicator in the surface mode. Shocks me that they would have removed that from the Atom's config. We shall see when I enter the water then.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom